A Modest Proposal

1. 5 years ago
    Edited 5 years ago by SharpSerac

Hello Harvestar, long time no see eh? As the King, it is officially my duty to keep tabs on untaxed lands, and it seems as if you have not been paying your property taxes. Uh oh! Rent's overdue boys and gals, you gotta pay your bills or the government is going to take back the land we so graciously bestowed upon you. I'll personally be calling in iwarriiori's renovation services to evict you and renovate your buildings, which by the way are way out of code. The structural integrity of some of these buildings is atrocious. I should just condemn them all now, but I'm giving you a chance. One last chance. All I require from you is a small payment, call it a gift, call it rent long overdue, call it anything you want. A payment it is no less. 20 totems of undying. Your eviction date is set at the 27th of May at precisely 5PM Pacific Standard Time.

You may choose to go onto a payment plan should you desire it, at which point a payment of 2 totems per week must be paid. You may decide to pay off the rest at any point, you may choose to pay some weeks in advance, but should you fall behind in payments, we will immediately evict, condemn, and renovate.

(You may choose to refinance, in which case you may qualify for a lower payment. Private message me for details)

Scout's honor, if you pay us, your builds will be left untouched. If you don't, however, we'll return and I promise you as King of CraftyMynes, your builds will be no longer! You wouldn't want all your time and effort to go to waste would you?

The clock is ticking, buckos.

-image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-

2. -image- -image- -image- -image-
    Wtf Harvestar I thought you were better than this. Looks like these builds need to be renovated after all

3. TWENTY (20) whole totems nani the fuck

4. Twenty isn't a lot considering you can just buy them for 300 credits. Fair price imo

5. I really think that eating children is a better modest proposal

6. Meanwhile, in the land of Harvestar, the council is aggressively DMing King SharpSerac....

7. Meanwhile, Sharp and his alt (and the rest of Team Eye) could learn the ways of not destroying other people's buildings. That way the server would be more active than it is now. I personally don't see the fun in what you guys do, and when I was on last, there were barely anyone on. Maybe this "renovation service" is the cause of it? Could you guys seriously think about what you're doing and how it's affecting the server? If you respond to this, and I know you will, I would please ask you to answer with zero snark and some seriousness. All I want is a discussion, no one here needs to get heated. Play nice for a bit, please?

8. Edited 5 years ago by NerdieBirdieYT

@MasaruCyri Meanwhile, Sharp and his alt (and the rest of Team Eye) could learn the ways of not destroying other people's buildings. That way the server would be more active than it is now. I personally don't see the fun in what you guys do, and when I was on last, there were barely anyone on. Maybe this "renovation service" is the cause of it? Could you guys seriously think about what you're doing and how it's affecting the server? If you respond to this, and I know you will, I would please ask you to answer with zero snark and some seriousness. All I want is a discussion, no one here needs to get heated. Play nice for a bit, please?

Unfortunately some people take a lot longer to mature than others. Some never do. Not that griefing in itself is immature, but don't expect any peaceful, legitimate discussions here.

Sorry to see the Harvestar base go, those statues are a beauty! Best of luck as you all move forward.

9. Edited 5 years ago by GrandpaCarl00

It seems like that majority of CM seems to forget often that raiding and griefing is completely fair game, especially since they found it legit .... Also it seems to be common knowledge too that TE isn't actually composed of rational human beings either

Or...is that wrong?

-image-

10. guys what the fuck

11. Deleted 5 years ago by Th3GreenGamer
  12. jj what the fuck

13. Deleted 5 years ago by r4iscool1
  14. Edited 5 years ago by SharpSerac

@NerdieBirdieYT I really think that eating children is a better modest proposal

nerdie endorses cannibalism

@MasaruCyri Meanwhile, Sharp and his alt (and the rest of Team Eye) could learn the ways of not destroying other people's buildings. That way the server would be more active than it is now. I personally don't see the fun in what you guys do, and when I was on last, there were barely anyone on. Maybe this "renovation service" is the cause of it? Could you guys seriously think about what you're doing and how it's affecting the server? If you respond to this, and I know you will, I would please ask you to answer with zero snark and some seriousness. All I want is a discussion, no one here needs to get heated. Play nice for a bit, please?

just because you can't see the fun in something doesn't mean it isn't fun. newsflash: the world doesn't conform to your views. that's something best learned early on in life, bucko.

we are free to do whatever we want within the rules of the server, and this is what we do. we enjoy doing it, and we're not going to stop doing it. people join a raiding/griefing server and then complain about getting raided/griefed that's a fucking OMEGALUL if i've ever seen one before.

snark is fun, so you're getting snark, buckaroo.

@NerdieBirdieYT Unfortunately some people take a lot longer to mature than others. Some never do. Not that griefing in itself is immature, but don't expect any peaceful, legitimate discussions here.

Sorry to see the Harvestar base go, those statues are a beauty! Best of luck as you all move forward.

you know it's actually quite funny, i've had legitimate, peaceful discussions with some of nerdnation's members (and a good amount of general craftymynes' players). not just about minecraft, but about life in general as well. they have all said something along the lines of "wow, i didn't know you were just a normal guy." it's funny to see the twisted and warped view someone has on you when they haven't really and truly interacted personally with you. you seem to have fallen victim to that same mentality, nerdie. i openly invite you to dm me sometime on discord (if you don't have me blocked, that is), we can talk and just have a normal discussion about life and whatever goes on inside it, and i can guarantee you i'm not the kind of person you make me out to be

15. I get really fed up with people complaining about being raided or griefed. The town was fair game and the 'modest proposal' was just role play. Harvestar will take this loss on the chin and rise again.

16. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

17. @MasaruCyri Meanwhile, Sharp and his alt (and the rest of Team Eye) could learn the ways of not destroying other people's buildings. That way the server would be more active than it is now. I personally don't see the fun in what you guys do, and when I was on last, there were barely anyone on. Maybe this "renovation service" is the cause of it? Could you guys seriously think about what you're doing and how it's affecting the server? If you respond to this, and I know you will, I would please ask you to answer with zero snark and some seriousness. All I want is a discussion, no one here needs to get heated. Play nice for a bit, please?

Did you not read the post? We're offering to NOT blow up their builds, they should consider themselves lucky we're being this merciful. Other builds such as Strangers Company didn't have this opportunity. And I must admit, Harvestar always has nice builds, and this one is no different, and it'd be a shame if this one had to be ruined due to their own ignorance.

18. @MasaruCyri Meanwhile, Sharp and his alt (and the rest of Team Eye) could learn the ways of not destroying other people's buildings. That way the server would be more active than it is now. I personally don't see the fun in what you guys do, and when I was on last, there were barely anyone on. Maybe this "renovation service" is the cause of it? Could you guys seriously think about what you're doing and how it's affecting the server? If you respond to this, and I know you will, I would please ask you to answer with zero snark and some seriousness. All I want is a discussion, no one here needs to get heated. Play nice for a bit, please?

Actually the server has been more active since they've been raiding and griefing people lately. You just wouldn't know since you aren't particularly active yourself.

19. Edited 5 years ago by MaggiAusDaKann

@Inyashi Actually the server has been more active since they've been raiding and griefing people lately. You just wouldn't know since you aren't particularly active yourself.

Why should raiding/griefing make people active? lol ? thats suicide

20. Edited 5 years ago by MamaNeon

@MaggiAusDaKann Why should raiding/griefing make people active? lol ? thats suicide

Before the raid on SC I never saw them on. Now I see Sofa on all the time working on their underground base. Builds get stagnant so it's up to the raiders to give them their mojo back.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!