Laptop suggestions

1. 7 years ago

My old laptop has finally died on me! RIP Tovarish, you will be missed. Anyone have suggestions for a new laptop? I have a 1000-1500$ range.

2. Well, I got one for 700...

Lenovo G700

oh wait, that's discontinued...

3. Lenovo ideapad 100s is what i use. Run with optifine and you should be getting around 80fps on a flat world
    The best part: It's only $190USD
    But i got it on sale for $150USD

4. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

@SovietSuperman_ My old laptop has finally died on me! RIP Tovarish, you will be missed. Anyone have suggestions for a new laptop? I have a 1000-1500$ range.

Well it depends on what you want but if you are willing to spend most of your budget and want a powerful machine the alienware's having been going cheap recently. As laptops go they are cheap and powerful at the moment.
    I'd suggest the 17 listed here.
    http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/alienware-17-r3

5. may i ask why your going for a laptop rather than building a desktop?

http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-blade-stealth
    the 512 gig model with the qhd display is far enough within budget for some acessories. Good for if you want productivity with doable performance

i will look for a gaming oriented system later

6. Well, there is a pretty cheap gaming pic called "HP omen", around the price of 1900-2000, I'd suggest you to go for it

7. @HaloNest Well, there is a pretty cheap gaming pic called "HP omen", around the price of 1900-2000, I'd suggest you to go for it

his budget only goes up to 1500, so thats out of his price range

8. Prices depends on the country and money, here in Italy is about 1500/2000 depending on where you buy

9. For that price range you can buy a pretty strong gaming laptop. It does of course depends where you want to use it for. But for that price range you can build a serious gaming machine.

10. @HaloNest Prices depends on the country and money, here in Italy is about 1500/2000 depending on where you buy

A price in euro is less then a price in dollars, side by side
    So probably out of range

11. Deleted 7 years ago by TheBlizWiz
  12. @HaloNest Prices depends on the country and money, here in Italy is about 1500/2000 depending on where you buy

@Dannysharks A price in euro is less then a price in dollars, side by side
    So probably out of range

Doesn't really matter however since I'm assuming from the USD soviet lives In America, which means he won't be subject to the high EU taxes on technology, which will significantly reduce the price of his laptop.

13. Edited 7 years ago by _Haxington_

Don't get an alienware, those are overpriced for what you are getting.

Go for an asus rog or similar. The one I got is 1500USD and I have nvidia gtx 970m, Intel core i7 4700HQ, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB hard drive (can be upgraded to solid state drive), 1080p display, and amazing design!

14. @ardoasms may i ask why your going for a laptop rather than building a desktop?

http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-blade-stealth
    the 512 gig model with the qhd display is far enough within budget for some acessories. Good for if you want productivity with doable performance

i will look for a gaming oriented system later

Theres always that one desktop advocate......... lol

But my laptop is really laggy and old so i cant recommend from personal experience, but as Hax saud i've heard the asus rogs are pretty good. I think I saw one online for 1000, or a few hundred cheaper if you lower the Ram and some of the features. I've looked at one myself. They seem to be some of the best onthe market. They aren't cheap but seem really good.
    Fun fact: Ive never played minecraft with a mouse, only a touchpad. Anyone else?

15. Try this website, my friend showed it to me. It's pretty damn cool, check it out if you can.
    link text

16. they were right about the hp omen, comes in right at the top of your budget http://cukusa.com/hp-omen-17-vr-ready-gaming-laptop-17-3-ultra-hd-intel-skyline-i7-w6s63av.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjw4_DABRC1tuPSpqXjxZwBEiQAhMIp61D7a2plZOEghtcfRPI-qsa_8FnfcOQPrYZmpI4EBFEaAo1b8P8HAQ#additional

17. MSI laptops are really close to your budget, you can find one with i7 and gtx 1060 (desktop version) around 1400$

18. @_Haxington_ Don't get an alienware, those are overpriced for what you are getting.

Go for an asus rog or similar. The one I got is 1500USD and I have nvidia gtx 970m, Intel core i7 4700HQ, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB hard drive (can be upgraded to solid state drive), 1080p display, and amazing design!

Buy a gaming laptop like Hax specs. I got mine last year for almost the same price range and specs - Acer V17 nitro black. And choose a solid state drive if you dont like to wait.

19. @_Haxington_ Don't get an alienware, those are overpriced for what you are getting.

That used to be true but it's no longer the case.
    I recently brought a similar laptop and they offer very competitive if not the best prices at the moment.
    The 1382 dollar model comes with a more powerful CPU and an SSD better than The Rog.

20. Well I got that rog years ago so there is probably a way better one for the same price now

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!