Please don't update.

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

We'll still see them. Not looking at something won't make it disappear. But terracotta blocks I can deal with. the crafting guide I can't stand. Though I do think we should update obviously, I also think Mojang should get their shit together and focus on other things, not this crap. You should find out what you can create, trail and error using logic. Not just be told what to create, that'd just be boring.

Having a map to find something isn't really finding at all

Ok now I'm done I promise. D:

3. Sadly, Mojang doesn't make money fixing bugs and improving performance. 99% of their sales income come from new accounts, and the only way for them to keep people coming back is to add new features. Most of the new features we see are either from existing plugins/clients or are added to increase accessibility to younger audiences. Mojang relies on spigot/sponge (modded server creators) to create the software that run big servers while they just push features without much regard for what they might mess up.

4. You should find out what you can create, trail and error using logic. Not just be told what to create, that'd just be boring.

But you only get the recipe in the book if you've made it before. You would still have to use trial and error to figure them out

5. @Venetorem But you only get the recipe in the book if you've made it before. You would still have to use trial and error to figure them out

Wrong actually, "doLimitedCrafting" is the gamerule to do that. (Problem with that is even if you have the materials to make something you can't make it unless you had the proper progression in recipes). It's off by default. That means that if you have the materials in just shows you how to make everything with that material.

I don't watch this guy but it's a good showing of how it works

6. I really hope that you can make the auto-crafting GUI go away... Maybe it'll be an option in settings?

7. @OtherGreenGamer We'll still see them. Not looking at something won't make it disappear. But terracotta blocks I can deal with. the crafting guide I can't stand. Though I do think we should update obviously, I also think Mojang should get their shit together and focus on other things, not this crap. You should find out what you can create, trail and error using logic. Not just be told what to create, that'd just be boring.

Having a map to find something isn't really finding at all

Ok now I'm done I promise. D:

Well, the guide is bc Mojang has plans to unite PC with pocket edition (Make them the same version) so it is easier to do some things or for new players to understand the game better and expand to other platforms

8. Edited 7 years ago by Chilled_Chaos

Omg you guys are so... picky. Who actually, legitimately, gives a flying fuck. In console, there is an option to enable "Classic Crafting" and I use it because I think that console crafting is for noobs but I don't give a shit who uses it as long as I can use the way I want. It's not like they're gonna ban the normal crafting from Minecraft forever. Plus you don't even have to enable it since it still lets you craft it manually because it's not like they're gonna take away the crafting table in your inventory.

In my opinion, this update is kinda unnecessary, true, because I don't know who doesn't have 30 to 60 seconds max, to just search up, "Minecraft how to craft fences" and then go from there. But think about it, about every big survival game other than Minecraft that I can think of right now, has automatic crafting, so why not Minecraft? Sure, it might ruin the classic unique feel of crafting that Minecraft has had since it's birth, but it is still also nice how you don't have to search up for example "fences" every time because people do usually forget that a lot including myself.

Also, I have good idea. What if they made it that whenever you want to craft some thing, you have to craft it manually (laying out all the blocks separately on a crafting table) first, and then it gives you the recipe. That would be kinda cool, and I don't see any cons with it compared to this update. (unless you're a fucking noob who is so lazy to search up minecraft fences just once) This way, you will only have to search it up once, instead of having to search it up every time.

In conclusion, just let people craft however they wish to.

-Chilled

9. @Chilled_Chaos
    Also, I have good idea. What if they made it that whenever you want to craft some thing, you have to craft it manually (laying out all the blocks separately on a crafting table) first, and then it gives you the recipe. That would be kinda cool, and I don't see any cons with it compared to this update. (unless you're a fucking noob who is so lazy to search up minecraft fences just once) This way, you will only have to search it up once, instead of having to search it up every time.

-Chilled

And this is exactly how I would suggest it to be.

10. please update

11. If anyone doesn't want the new crafting thingy just use an old GUI texture pack

12. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

Well it looks ugly but I can see the point of this, they are targeting the pocket edition players since they always had this auto-crafting feature, just like the auto jumping feature that was added with 1.10 (or 1.11?) update.

To me its unnecessary and it destroys the DIY feel of the game but I'm fine with it as long as they keep the classic crafting.

About the terracotta blocks, I agree that they look too high-res and they don't feel like they are part of the vanilla texture pack. I might actually start using a texture pack after using vanilla for so long...

13. the autocrafting may bring me back to mc, because when i play games i enjoy immersion and tabbing out to look up recipies tends to break the immersion. i see that feature as a good thing

14. Just checked out the snapshot and saw that you have to click a button next to or under the crafting grid in order for the GUI to appear/disappear. Honestly I may end up using it sometimes, if I'm really lazy, but for the most part I'll be sticking to the OG crafting

15. In the newest snapshot they added the ability to shift click to make as many of an item as you can. Therefore, fill your inventory with diamonds, shift click to make diamond blocks. Extremely welcome, needed addition that old players like me should enjoy because things like that have always felt too clunky. It's not autocrafting like in PE, it's a mix of that and standard crafting, but it boils down to just being a way to autofill the crafting grid. It's amazing. Can you guys complain about the parrots not being able to do more than hovering instead of wasting your time on this? thx

16. @JuraraJupiter In the newest snapshot they added the ability to shift click to make as many of an item as you can. Therefore, fill your inventory with diamonds, shift click to make diamond blocks. Extremely welcome, needed addition that old players like me should enjoy because things like that have always felt too clunky. It's not autocrafting like in PE, it's a mix of that and standard crafting, but it boils down to just being a way to autofill the crafting grid. It's amazing. Can you guys complain about the parrots not being able to do more than hovering instead of wasting your time on this? thx

agree 100%

17. Deleted 7 years ago by HaloNest
  18. Deleted 7 years ago by HaloNest
  19. Parrots will now dance and change their colors when you play a music disc near them, wild or tame. And you can make them sit down now so they stay in a certain location.

20. You can shift click now to make items in bulk which i do all the time - this addition to make as many as you can could cost me dear! Thanks @JuraraJupiter - at least i am forewarned now.

21. @Cileklim Well it looks ugly but I can see the point of this, they are targeting the pocket edition players since they always had this auto-crafting feature, just like the auto jumping feature that was added with 1.10 (or 1.11?) update.

To me its unnecessary and it destroys the DIY feel of the game but I'm fine with it as long as they keep the classic crafting.

About the terracotta blocks, I agree that they look too high-res and they don't feel like they are part of the vanilla texture pack. I might actually start using a texture pack after using vanilla for so long...

Just use faithful lol

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!