CraftyMynes Owner AMA

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

@argonFiles probably Fluxated or tsu

I'd put Asian_Smurf or another player way above them

3. One thing I always wondered is: Is there a staff town? A place where staff can build raid free or such?

4. @FishW One thing I always wondered is: Is there a staff town? A place where staff can build raid free or such?

There might be.

5. @CraftyMyner There might be.

area 51?

6. questions about the tpa system. first, why not setdisplay tpa id on the list? then players dont need to type another command to check the tpa id, more user-friendly. second, why give player new tpa id everytime they login? you dont have to reset the id, and it will also work as a counter so you know how many players joined the server and who just joined recently..

7. whats your favourite meme.

8. @KanielC questions about the tpa system. first, why not setdisplay tpa id on the list? then players dont need to type another command to check the tpa id, more user-friendly. second, why give player new tpa id everytime they login? you dont have to reset the id, and it will also work as a counter so you know how many players joined the server and who just joined recently..

Short answer for why I list the players in chat is it gives me more control. Long answer, I hide stuff in the player list and I also disabled some players from being able to be listed. Before I added TPA in different dimensions, I would disable the players not in the overworld. In the future I want to remove the players from the list that you can't TP to (different dimensions).

I give players a new TPA ID on restarts because it's less confusing then doing it between restarts and it also stops the ID's from looking like 93943. Also, I do have a second ID system that has a unique ID for each player on the server.

9. @criaotic whats your favourite meme.

-image-

10. Edited 7 years ago by TheSpiderman2013

Owner abuse for sure ^

11. Favorite movie?

12. Crafty, what is your job irl? My brain get lost while seeing your setup.

13. @Blackfish Crafty, what is your job irl? My brain get lost while seeing your setup.

I am a boat mechanic, I work on engines, electrical, plumbing, fiberglassing, rigging, navigation systems and I also deliver boats. A kinda jack of all trades when it comes to fixing boats. I also am going to school for Event Technology (setting up for concerts and shows).

14. @CraftyMyner -image-

jesus christ.

15. @TheSpiderman2013 Favorite movie?

Probably Inception.

16. Crafty,

(Haven't looked through the entire chain yet, apologies if this has already been asked) Do you think the server has changed your life at all? If so, how? What do you think would be different if you didn't own the best vanilla Minecraft server to exist in the 4.5 billion years this planet has been around?

17. @CodyJProductions Crafty,

(Haven't looked through the entire chain yet, apologies if this has already been asked) Do you think the server has changed your life at all? If so, how? What do you think would be different if you didn't own the best vanilla Minecraft server to exist in the 4.5 billion years this planet has been around?

This server has changed my life in more ways then one. It has made me friends, taught me management and organization, expanded my knowledge of computers and networking, over all it's made me a better more responsible person. If I didn't own this server I have no idea what I would be doing, also there would be about 200k people that would not have been blessed with the pleasure of playing on CraftyMynes.

18. Hey crafty, can you explain some of thhe harder server plz jokes such as the halloween one and the 101010 1000011111 ones?

19. Edited 7 years ago by CraftyMyner

@TheForgotten20 Hey crafty, can you explain some of thhe harder server plz jokes such as the halloween one and the 101010 1000011111 ones?

Why is it that programmers always confuse Halloween with Christmas?
    Because 31 OCT == 25 DEC

"==" is the is equals comparison commonly found in programming languages.

OCT == October == Octal or Base8
    DEC == December == Decimal or Base10

31 in Base8 is the same as 25 in Base10

The play on words lies in the similarity of the abbreviation for October/Octal and December/Decimal, and the coincidence that both equal the same amount.

What did one computer say to the other?
    01101000 01100101 01111001

If you take the decimal value of "01101000 01100101 01111001" you get "104 101 121" then if you take the ASCII value of that you get "h e y" or "hey"

I would tell you a UDP joke, but im not sure if you would get it.

In networking there is 2 main protocols, TCP and UDP, TCP is built to provide some reliability in sending messages from one computer to another, making it's best attempt to make sure it gets to the other end, if it doesn't receive the packet, it may make an attempt to resend the packet. UDP provides no guarantee that the packet will make it to the other end, it's built for speed where it doesn't matter if a few packets get dropped. The joke is that UDP may or may not make it to the person receiving the joke.

20. Badum tss :D

21. wow....smart ones, rlly liked the udp one

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!