CraftyMynes Owner AMA

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

Blesian

2 Mar 2017 Suspended

Hi CraftyMyner, is there anything possibly(hopefully) in the works to further combat, combat loggers in the arena?

3. Edited 7 years ago by TheSpiderman2013

It would be great If there was something other than "so-and-so is a combat logger!" As blesian said, are there any plans? Pretty much everybody who still goes into the arena with god gear ends up logging. Annoying, since there is nothing the people in the arena can do about it. The person who logs can simply wait a week and then log back in, gear intact. I personally think that killing them would work, but, that's just me.

4. Edited 7 years ago by CraftyMyner

@Blesian Hi CraftyMyner, is there anything possibly(hopefully) in the works to further combat, combat loggers in the arena?

@TheSpiderman2013 It would be great If there was something other than "so-and-so is a combat logger!" As blesian said, are there any plans? Pretty much everybody who still goes into the arena with god gear ends up logging. Annoying, since there is nothing the people in the arena can do about it. The person who logs can simply wait a week and then log back in, gear intact. I personally think that killing them would work, but, that's just me.

Combat logging is a difficult thing to handle. You have to deal with restarts and lag/disconnects. If I kill them, you won't get anything unless they log back in right away. I can't do anything to the player when they are offline. What do you propose to fix these issues?

5. Edited 7 years ago by TheSpiderman2013

Well, some of the first things that come to mind are:

(I'm ignorant on all things redstone, so, the rest of these posts are assuming that you could find a way to get around the resets.)

Kill them when they log back in. (Possibly kill on their 2nd or 3rd log (suggested by fluxated))

When they log back in, TP them to the void. This one seems like it would work, as loggers will most likely not want to lose gear every time they log.

Possibly make combat logging a minor offense, resulting in a 1 day ban or something.

Make combat loggers unable to use the arena for a certain amount of time. (I'm not sure exactly how this would work, but I'm sure it could be done somehow.)

Restrict access to trading post or other spawn things...

After a few logs, give them the rank of logger. :^)

Anyway, these are just a few things that popped into mind.

6. What set of commands do you use to send out "so-and-so is a combat logger!"?

7. @PlesleronTepryos What set of commands do you use to send out "so-and-so is a combat logger!"?

That's just a tellraw command.

8. i meant like what commands do you use to detect when they come back on so you can send the tellraw

9. I feel like you should try to compress your server into a one-command creation

10. @Retrochewy I feel like you should try to compress your server into a one-command creation

I would hit the character limit.

11. @PlesleronTepryos i meant like what commands do you use to detect when they come back on so you can send the tellraw

Just the stat.leaveGame or whatever it is.

12. @CraftyMyner I would hit the character limit.

There's a limit for cmd blocks??

13. @Retrochewy There's a limit for cmd blocks??

Yes, a character limit, that is.

14. @Retrochewy There's a limit for cmd blocks??

15. @CraftyMyner 32,500

maybe make separate commands for the tpa, sethome/gohome, parkour and trading post

16. @Retrochewy maybe make separate commands for the tpa, sethome/gohome, parkour and trading post

Why would I want to make it into one command block though, it's not like I'm going to distribute it to anyone?

17. so it's easier to setup a new server.

18. @PlesleronTepryos so it's easier to setup a new server.

More effort than it's worth, I can just clone in my command block room.

19. Fair, but i want to see!!! Of course, that's not going to happen.

20. Edited 7 years ago by Retrochewy

You could make a custon command with a CraftyMyner boss battle and if you beat it, your get Crafty's Calculator, the command block that you use to kill hackers

21. Edited 7 years ago by Retrochewy

Another question: If a player met you IRL and became your friend, would you make them admin?
    Also: If you had a kid, what staff rank would you promote them to?
    Last one: What would be your reaction if you were a normal player that met CraftyMyner
    Wait one more: What would your reaction be like if you met Notch or Jeb or some other random Minecraft developer?
    I can't stop: When did you start playing Minecraft?

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!