Opinions -- Grassling and More

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago

Alright, thanks

3. I do love me threads like this. It's fun to read. Mostly because y'all get lost in every single direction.
    Ah well lads, have fun resolving your issues with staff, I truly wish you good luck with that.
    If I were involved in any of this shit, you know how would my response look like.
    Time to shop, my paycheck arrived yesterday, gotta buy me some stuff. :)

P.S. I'm on no-one's side, neither staff's or player's. That being said, I'm staying the fuck out of this.

4. @iDogeTwinkie I do love me

Oh ya

5. @HaloNest Oh ya

I do love myself :P

6. Edited 6 years ago by NerdieBirdieYT

As nearly every staff member as mentioned, if this thread turns into arguments over whether the word "slander" was used in the correct legal fashion and crap like that, then everyone may as well stop now.

If you have something to ADD to this discussion (as nearly all the posts since last night have), then feel free.

7. Edited 6 years ago by BaronBattleBread

Most of you know me as a goofy but fair admin- i dont say shit without meaning and by the time im done writing im not even sure what topic im gonna be on, but i hope i can keep it relevant to the main.

Craftymynes is a community like no other in the minecraft world. The people here, the ones that stay, are wonderful and helpful and communicative, and we love that about you guys and gals.

We have one of the longest running vanilla servers, forerunners to almost every vanilla trick in the books to date, because the staff built and designed and protect the server to the best of their abilities.
    With the exception of the founders, every one of our staff members was a player, who spent a long time on the server, with their own ideas and grievences, and joined the CM team to help make the place better.

But our job, above all else, is to make this place as safe and neutral as a sweedish bakery- That means for everyone, staff and players. I like to think we do a dam good job keeping riffraff to a minimum.

When someone decides to start pushing boundaries, we arent pushovers. We have thousands of hours dealing with people who think they know how to run our server better than us, who think they can skirt the systems, get people behind them because they "technically didnt break the rules, theres nothing written about doing that"... there shouldnt have to be. but now theyve forced it to be because they wouldnt let go of the thread of the idea that theyve someone got the upperhand.

Our staff is diverse, yes. Cold analytical minds, venting hotheads, bubbleheaded whositswhatsits- we have alot of different viewpoints, and we talk- alot. about everything. If someone is asked not to do something because its making someone uncomfortable, or is breaking unwritten but commonsense rules, or simply being stupid on purpose and continues to do so after being asked to stop, then told to stop and it dosent change because their wall on anonymity is a saftey bubble.. thats not someone you keep around. You keep around the players that laugh, and talk, and build and want to better the community- not the ones who dont care if they break it down.

bloody hell i need to learn that commas arent periods

8. Edited 6 years ago by r4iscool1

@NerdieBirdieYT As nearly every staff member as mentioned, if this thread turns into arguments over whether the word "slander" was used in the correct legal fashion and crap like that, then everyone may as well stop now.

If you have something to ADD to this discussion (as nearly all the posts since last night have), then feel free.

No offense but personally I don't see how someone insisting using real life info isn't harassment adds to the discussion.
    We don't use your personally indemnifying if no in game and we expect the same respect back, whether he let's other people he's very close with or not use it, is besides the point. An IP address is technically public domain so is an email but people wouldn't comfortable if we revealed that however. The fact that the info may be available publicly has no bearing on whether you should be allowed to refer to someone by their IRL info without their permission.
    It's turned from issues with staff communication into grassing was banned unfairly. Which doesn't help with the threads stayed purpose.

9. Deleted 6 years ago by Nysic
  10. @BaronBattleBread Amazing comment, the topic of common sense used with staff seemed to be oversighted on this thread. One of the best comments on this thread yet.

11. @BaronBattleBread, well said. This in mind I would agree that staff protect the server from all sorts of crap. However, I would personally have seen Staff act differently or use the rules differently. If you are going to enforce the rules you should do it with out exception. I have seen staff use the rules for their benefit. I would feel more comfortable if the rules were enforced equally on everyone. Which in my eyes are not. I personally agree with you, I think our ADMINS and staff do a fine job when protecting us from perdition on the server and I thank you. It is just sometimes you see something that is not justified and no one stands up for anyone. When you do you get your a** handed to you.

12. Edited 6 years ago by HaloNest

Wait a second I just read a couple of previous messages abd this is what I got:

You can't call somebody by nane aka "handin out personal info" unless you're either digital-datin' that person (no shit that's great for ya') or you have some "good"reasons... that's a bit, strict?
    But if staff tells you to stop, regardless the apparent reason you gotta stop that's what most people tend to missunderstand staff do what they have to do...
    So yes, you can't allow some players stuff and forbid it to others, you either get over it or forbid it to everybody.
    CraftyMyner didn't unban JSN_ just because he's an OG, you don't allow yer lady to call you per name because you two are engagin'.
    No shit vene, my personal Photoshop guide, I really like you and respect you, this isn't really anything to be pissed off about.

One last thing, what's wrong with calling per name?
    I can kind of understand if it's something related to your pride, maybe you got a name which you don't like or something like that, you shouldn't imo, but it's understandable.
    But giving out personal info that's a bit of an exageration since there are millions of people called like you, maybe those people even share your same surname (try searching your name and surname on facebook, and see).
    But it's too late now, we all know that you're a russian secret agent and your name got exposed :P .

Also while writing this one immage popped out in my mind:
    -image-

Just to sdramatise, I really have nothing against staff, I'm actually geateful towards them.

:^)
    P.S.
    Witness why GIMP skills vene xD

13. @Ealdwine_Drasax @BaronBattleBread, well said. This in mind I would agree that staff protect the server from all sorts of crap. However, I would personally have seen Staff act differently or use the rules differently. If you are going to enforce the rules you should do it with out exception. I have seen staff use the rules for their benefit. I would feel more comfortable if the rules were enforced equally on everyone. Which in my eyes are not. I personally agree with you, I think our ADMINS and staff do a fine job when protecting us from perdition on the server and I thank you. It is just sometimes you see something that is not justified and no one stands up for anyone. When you do you get your a** handed to you.

Can you give some examples of where you think rules were used to staff advantage or applied unequally.
    We can't change if you don't give us the how and why you think we were wrong in a situation.

14. Edited 6 years ago by r4iscool1

@HaloNest a person's personal info is there right alone. If they choose to deny it to anyone with or without reason that's their rights. In real life, no one has the right to your personal data either, every site you sign up for legally is required to have you consent to them collecting identifying data. If someone is uncomfortable about someone they don't know calling them by their first name then they have the right to ask them to stop. As grassling was told to do, when we asked him to stop calling staff by name.
    People have a right to privacy and given the harassment we have had on this server before, we are especially aware of that here.

Like I've said before would you be comfortable if we posted you emails and IP addresses which are also public info?

15. @R4iscool1 We cannot all see players ips when they log on but we can see everything said in global chat (Venes name)

16. @Grassling @R4iscool1 We cannot all see players ips when they log on but we can see everything said in global chat (Venes name)

How does that make a difference?
    If I understand correctly the majority of the arguments here have hinged on the idea it's public info, just like an IP address and email are.
    People have a right to the privacy of their own info.

17. Public means that every single person has access to the information?? I dont know how you can argue against that even if you use your alt again. @R4iscool1

18. Edited 6 years ago by GrandpaCarl00

Litterally, it's open information that's all over, if people don't want people knowing or seeing it, It shouldn't have been posted for the whole world to see, that's vens fault for making it public information for the world to know

19. Edited 6 years ago by r4iscool1

Zane isn't my alt, my alt actually have more ticks than my main at the moment but I don't see this going anywhere. Since either doubt if we both live streamed playing together it would convince you.

Yes every single IP on the Internet is publicly accessible if that's what you are asking. They follow a pretty simple formula after all, every one of the 4 billion or so.

20. @GrandpaCarl00 Litterally, it's open information that's all over, if people don't want people knowing or seeing it, It shouldn't have been posted for the whole world to see

The same ideal can be applied to an IP address.
    However I do see where you are coming from with regards to posting it however, knowing the info doesn't give you the right to use it.
    Google knows all our info however unless we have consented to them using it, they don't have the right to violate our privacy.

21. Edited 6 years ago by GrandpaCarl00

@R4iscool1

Though I don't agree 100% with everything that @Grassling has done, You got to keep in mind that public information whenever it'd be publicly posted or doxxed, people are going to use it no matter what feeling or thinking mindset you come from, that's just how the world is going to roll

Especially if it's publicly known information that the person whoever had decided to make so public, It's somewhat silly to get mad over something like that, emphasis on somewhat as I'm saying it's also to a degree justifiable to be mad.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!