1. 6 years ago

Is it good to be scared abit entering high school?

2. Everyone is apprehensive about a new school. Give it a couple of days and you will find your way around. Have fun making new friends.

3. In 10 years, no one will care what shoes you wore, or the color of your shirt. What matters are the friends you make, because in the end, they are the things that will remember you.

4. If you're not a little scared, I don't think you're human. Anyone who says the weren't at least a little scared their first day of high school is lying. Good luck! (:

5. To be nervous about new things is to be human. Anybody in your situation that says they aren't a little nervous is not being entirely truthful. You will be great though! You're a kind person. Just be yourself and everything will fall into place! =D

6. @Venetorem In 10 years, no one will care what shoes you wore, or the color of your shirt. What matters are the friends you make, because in the end, they are the things that will remember you.

100% true.

Don't worry about nobody and be yourself, stand for your opinions, even if that means standing alone.
    You're such a polite and mature boy, I'm sure you'll do awesomely.
    This year was my highschool freshman year too (in Italy we start highschool two years later than you americans), I was a bit scared the first day, I spent the first hour speaking to Tez and Sofatroll but then I started socializing and met some wonderful people who I really get along with now.
    I think highschool is an unique period in life: you're not treated like a kid anymore and you start gaining more freedom that you had back in elementary and you start making some real choices, so enjoy this period as much as you can!

7. a little fear never hurt anyone- it can help sharpen the senses and improve reaction time.

take the first day to get to know the place and the first week to know the people and find yourself a clique- smooth sailing from there on out.

unless theyre troublemakers.. then its an adventure XD

8. Thanks guys I just got back it was fun

9. \^_^/

10. Make it absolutely clear to everyone that you play minecraft. Absolutely everyone. You will be popular and liked in no time.

this is a joke dont do this

11. I'm starting my first day on a new school Monday the 21st. Thanks to all of you I'm now less stressed about it and am looking more forward to it :D

12. Haahah, show them your 3d models and you'll be fine!

13. Looking online to see people starting school already. It's crazy! I'm just glad school's over for me. Good luck for everyone going back to school! <3

14. @Scrappy_Dont Make it absolutely clear to everyone that you play minecraft. Absolutely everyone. You will be popular and liked in no time.

this is a joke dont do this

What has minecraft have to do with popularity, pardon me

15. well it is regarded as more of a thing a loser / sad person would do in england so it is kind of best to avoid the topic.
    P.S if you are judged as a loser / sad person you get beat up and bullied till people become mature.

16. I had morons talking shit to me while I was at high school.
    I was bullied a lot. I told them it's fine and that I got a brother with a gun.
    Obviously it's bullshit because poor bastard doesn't have a weapon license.
    But they did shit themselves and left me alone. :)

17. @DoppyRex Part of growing up is learning not to care what others think of you. I know people nearly 50 who play it unabashed.

If someone bullies you for liking something that doesn't harm them, it's their fault, not yours. :)

18. @ghostassasin81

Going to be straight, I'm about to start my sophomore year, and I've learned alot of stuff from personal experince and has had ton of bullying experiences and personal struggles of trying to make friends.

If anything, don't take what people say seriously. Don't try to live up to people's expectations if they call you ''weird'' or ''strange.'' Seriously people's opinions about you literally don't matter. Be yourself! Express yourself and don't try to tailor yourself to meet people's petty expectations as that's one of the worst things you can do to yourself in highschool.

19. @GrandpaCarl00 Well said! That's SO helpful to remember.

20. @ghostassasin81 Although I agree with other people in this thread, alot of high school is figuring out who you want to be, not only your career, but the character and moralistic values you live by. If you are happy with who you are and live by what you think is right, no other opinions matter. Just be the best version of yourself you can be and be happy with who you are.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!