Introducing NN Adventure Team!

1. 6 years ago

Hey guys! I'm super excited to announce our brand new group called NN Adventure Team! (Or NNAT for short) This group we created has been in the making for a while and it's something quite special and unique from other methods and groups on CM before. We wanted something where people could experience what NN is like but not have to be in it. Ways to hold community events for all of CM but keep things safe while doing it. So this is what we have come up with! ^^
    What is NN Adventure Team?
    NNAT is an extension of the NN faction. It has its own discord server for people to talk and hang out on. People from the NN faction, people with the friend role currently on the NN discord, and people who aren't in NN are all welcome to participate. What we'll be doing in NNAT you say? We'll be doing all kinds of community events! These events come in all kinds of shapes and sizes from exploring the great world of CM, competitions, and perhaps even playing minigames or other video games entirely! The goal of NNAT is to get to know more people on CM!
    What will be some NNAT Community Events?
    We are already planning our first event! The first event will be a biome scavenger hunt. You'll be faced with tricky riddles, cleverly hidden chests, and tasks to collect items within this specific biome. All in a race to get the most points than your fellow adventurers! It's going to be a blast and something very unique that hasn't been done before. Elaborating more on events in general, these events won't necessarily take place within one specific location (for security reasons). These events will instead have you explore with a goal in mind. And of course, we'll have events outside of CM. These are meant to be bond forming events or quests to get to know your fellow adventurers.
    Extension of NN?
    Yes, NN Adventure Team is an extension of the NN faction. This means certain rules carry over to NNAT. Things like no grieving during events ( you can still raid and grief when we aren't holding an event), and of course keeping the friendly air we have. Though, you don't have to be in NN to be apart of NNAT. This group was made to invite those on CM so we can better get to know you guys and have a blast doing it!
    How do I join NNAT?
    NNAT isn't going to be 100% public. To keep things running smoothly we will be inviting people into NNAT. That means please tell us if you are interested in joining NN Adventure Team. If you are interested, we'll consider inviting you to become and adventurer of NNAT!
    Conclusion
    Thanks for reading this exciting new announcement from NN! I'm really excited to see where this goes and hope some of you are interested in joining! If you have any questions, please reply to this thread and we'll try our best to answer them. Thanks again!

2. Edited 6 years ago by alarmgv12

The fact that it has been in the making for a while, what has been in the making, you mean the idea? because right now I don't see any product, just an announcement that you have an idea, a discord server? sure let me make one real quick and call it something new, also the fact that it comes right after the closing of NN seems like a weak attempt to keep the nation's heart beating all while not having to worry about people that might leak your coords. In other words, nerdnation went down due to trust issues, you wanna get back up and keep the one thing that they have to be "proud" of and trying to do that without jeopardizing anything (a base for example). You can clearly see that because instead of calling it "CraftyMynes fun town" or some shit you decide to make it "NN something" or an "extention" extention to what? to NN? where is it? it's dead as of now, sure the fact you have a couple people does not mean you have a faction if it was we would be calling every 2 or 3 people that decide to play together a faction and we would not be done listing all those factions. Also that inviting people to NNAT seems to me like you are trying to gather new members to NN, or basically kill NN and make NNAT the new NN, you will build bases with them make your events, do all other crazy shit and call it a faction. you could just say you opening NN again and looking for new mates

Now I don't know too much about people selling their own faction's coords in order to get drama and views, but I do know that making drama is easy, make a few big announcements and boom, drama. or a better example would be: build an unstable faction that does not have the word "trust" in their dictionary except once in the discord server that says "Trusted member" as a role and bring in a bunch of people, get a lot of bases and make sure that people raid them so that you get some of those juicy views and clicks.
    And honestly the last thing NN needs now is drama, or some other opening, I don't know if you missed that or just not aware but, building good trust, just like building good rooms in your base, takes time. and if you try to rush it will not work. you need to take a big breath, stop the drama and build your own faction again before inviting them into extensions of things that are weak.

<3

3. Also, is swearing allowed?

4. Edited 6 years ago by HaloNest

It’s not that easy to run a “faction”, Alarm is in part right on this one

5. hey bucko i'll be in it lemme join

6. Edited 6 years ago by Family_Tuber

@alarmgv12 Your concerns have legitiment points and it was my fault for not explaning things fully. I failed to explain that the faction is still ongoing. We have gone through a reset. We're determined to make NN better and have reworked the process and system from ground up. Yes, we only have nine members currently in the faction and things have become quite from us. This is a rebuilding phase for the faction of NN. All of this is to increase the security and truly create a secure faction with a strong trust and base system. Now for NNAT, this group was created from our decision to make NN an invite only faction. What NNAT's purose is to have people first join this group so we can get to know them, then determine if they are a good member for NN. Think as NNAT as the first step to joining NN. Therefore, this is in no way killing the NN faction and making NNAT our new faction. Instead its a gate way to gain trustowrthy people for a more secure and even stronger NN faction. The orignal NN faction will be reinivitng members soon and encourages those interested in joining NN to join NNAT. As one last thing I failed to say, NN will have bases and the usual events. NNAT will just be more of a fun group that's casual. Thank you for your concerns and questions.

7. I'd like to point out that NNAT is in no way a new faction or the rebirth of NN. It's simply something that allows NN and the CM community in general to have fun together. NN has always wanted to host community events, and NNAT is how we plan do do that.

@alarmgv12 You mentioned seeing no results and just an announcement... NNAT began only a few days ago and we already have been discussing our first event and we have invited a few non-NN members to the Discord. We have a good start so far.

As for NN being dead, that's entirely untrue and quite frankly I'm not sure how you got to there. NN has nine members currently and we are actively looking for people to invite that we fully trust. NNAT is for fun. It's not the "new NN" or anything. It's just a group from CM to have fun with. It won't have bases or anything. It's not a faction. Also, it's primary goal is to have fun with the community. Finding possible NN recruits might happen as well through NNAT, but that is not the main goal and is not crucial to NNAT.

You made a heck of a lot of misinformed assumptions there. NNAT is not at a faction. It's just a group to have occasional events with for fun. NN isn't opening its doors at all. This is just something to do for fun with the community.

8. Where's the members

9. So from what I understand that aint too much of a place where people can "experience nn without being in nn" its more of a gateway into joining in nn that would be very very similar to the initiate process that I dont really see any difference now that I think of it, I might have went a bit to the extreme side of things poinding that nn might be dead but the main point is that nn doesnt need that right now, also as an invite only faction you dont need that, SC, team eye and harvestar are doing quite good when it comes to making sure they trust who they bring in, I think that instead of trying to reinvent the wheel you guys can learn a bit from other peoples mistakes here on the server instead of learning only from your own mistakes

10. @alarmgv12 Again, wrong. This is not an entry to NN at all. It's a group to have fun with. If NN finds people we want to invite, great. If not, that's alright too. That's not the point of NNAT. You're over-complicating this.

11. If anyone is interested in being part of NNAT, let me know :) It is invite-only, but we will consider almost everyone who shows interest. Contact me on Discord or here on the forums.

12. Yes, Nerdie explained it much better than I did. NNAT is a way to hold community events. You could be part of other factions and still join. Its purpose is to have all kinds of people come together and do events both on CM and outside CM. Its only relation to NN is that its hosted by NN.

13. What is with everyone getting so far up in NN's face about this stuff? Why are they on the hot seat so much? Yes, they are going to make mistakes. All factions have made mistakes. All factions have let in people they shouldn't have. All factions have had moles. @alarmgv12 SC is no exception. Honestly, NN got their problem figured out quicker than we did. Do you know how many bases we lost? How many times we had to start over because a few weeks into building a raider magically knew where we were? I only joined SC after the reset a year ago and there are already too many raids for me to be okay with. That's without counting all the traitors, all the lost homes, all the hurt feelings, since the beginning of SC. In case you haven't noticed, SC has recently been declared dead by a lot of people for the main reason that so many raids in such quick succession has made members not want to build with us anymore. Members split up, started their own factions, because we couldn't handle it. Luckily, we eventually found the traitor, but not after many lost bases. And we're still recovering from all those hits, trying to re-establish ourselves.

And what's wrong with a community aspect to a faction? You guys throw hate at it but all it's doing is giving the community a place to have fun together, something that the community itself hasn't been pushing for very much recently. So what if they want to pull from that to find new members. It's not like you're forced to join NN if you join NNAT. You can say no. You can see it just as a fun thing for everyone to participate in, oblivious to whether you're in their faction or not.

And you got to give them a bit of credit for staying alive so long. SC, Harvestar, and Team Eye have been around for a very long time. Despite our ups and downs, we know how to survive on CM. We've learned what it takes to survive. We were determined to be in it for the long run and we powered through our problems to ensure our survival. Look at all the factions, the little ones, that announce themselves and then quickly die out. There are so many. NN isn't one of them. Despite being a newer faction (compared to the surviving older factions), they survived this long. That's a surprising feat for new factions on this server, and you gotta give them credit for staying alive.

Whether you like them or not, you can't ignore that they are trying. And as far as I'm concerned, they're not doing too bad a job.

14. Thank you @NerdieBirdieYT for clearing that out, pardon me for being salty right there, that wasn't very nice from my part.
    @Dennari43 you have changed my view on this situation, thank you!

15. Thanks @Dennari43 for clearing up some points. You're very kind. :)

@alarmgv12 No worries, seems to be a misunderstanding. :D

16. @Dennari43 Thank you for putting into words what I have wanted to say for quite some time now. I'm not affiliated with NN in any way, but as an outsider looking in, they get a lot of unnecessary hate. I honestly think people should take a step back and let them breathe.

@NerdieBirdieYT I think you have a good idea going here, and while I don't have the time for events myself, I do hope everything goes well! :D Best of luck!

17. Darn it! Wanted to invite you @Naidae :) If your schedule frees up (or if you just want to come to the Discord to hang out!), I'd be more than happy to send you an invite link!

18. minesy

18 Oct 2017 Suspended

if you need a invite then isnt this just NN but with different people? then why make such a big announcement if you could even call it that. well i dont know any thing according to nerdie so i dont really care.

19. @minesy pls read, I know it's hard, but plzzzzzzzz

20. minesy

18 Oct 2017 Suspended

so... old nn?

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!