My thoughts on CraftyMynes and how to save it

1. ‹ Older
  2. 5 months ago

@King_Panda555 On king david.

@DavidGolait ??????

3. I like the server just how it is. We need more challenges and competitions like Rnc has posted to keep the interest and build the community. Technically once you beat the dragon the core game is over but most MC players are goal-based: get the armor, build this, farm that, etc. Once they have done all that it starts to get dull and they fall away and starting over isn't always appealing.

I would like to see a server calendar with annual events. This would encourage others to play long-term or come back.

Build winners don't always have to have their builds put in spawn if there is a hall of fame showing all the previous winners, what they built, and that they are documented in the Forum for others to view at any time like the challenges.

Walking through a player hall of fame and seeing just who is the best at parkour, building, or killing mobs in the strangest ways would be fun and add a connection to what would otherwise just be names shown when you hold tab.

Just my 2 cents worth.

4. fun fact I hold the CM record for the spawn parkour

5. 2 months ago

I gotta say I left this server ages ago and have kind of missed it. I do agree it got boring. Something to spice it up would always be nice. By the way guys Hi, I'm back.

6. 5 weeks ago
    Edited 5 weeks ago by Greeknule

When the trail chamber update comes definitely wipe. Use that wipe as a big way to get new players hooked with some of these changes

Update the discord, if you want new players to stay discord is pretty much the best way going forward for making them feel welcomed and in a community cause rn that shit is uninviting fr
    Add channels in there that players can promote themselves for making team, the more teams the better for building communities, plus there's more big bases to raid
    Make channels there too that have bots that post the forum links and a preview image of the post so people can click if they're interested
    Hire some fiverr minions too to help out with updating the forums and adding those bots trust

Bring the book back, that shit was so much easier to know the commands, also gives player a immediate way of knowing that theres tp and set thome. Don't do the book tp system tho that shit was tragic keep the one on now

Someone said something about the voting rank and that's a good idea, do it so that its not a one time you get it kind of thing and instead make it so you have to consistently vote and if you miss more than like 3 days in a row you loose the rank and the extra set home displays as "locked" until you get the rank back. This would be like a way to farm votes from the players who arent willing to buy vip but are invested enough to want to keep their rank, plus a 30 day bonus item would be good too.

Do something like the VIP+ lootcrates but a less good version as a reward for voting a week in a row too and promote it all with a big sign that says "Crates" in spawn and a area under it so players can see what they can get making them want to vote for it, trust

Show off the command blocks visually in spawn (or make a fake display) to show how the server works would be good too.

Unban old players from minimum like 2-3 years and back, trust. My main account been banned since I was a middle schooler and I'm sure hella people back then would wanna play again if they saw something like "Unbanned old players" in the forums or on the main server list in Minecraft next to "Just wiped".

Out of all these ideas though, 100% consider the updated discord, it's the biggest thing imo for keeping new players

7. 4 weeks ago

A complete refresh of the discord woukd seem likexa good idea to me

8. Make a new Discord server. Then you'll see how many people actually still interested in this shit, who tf joining a new discord server and not playing? And if people don't join, do something about lack of people or just leave it like you guys usually do! Got nothing to lose

9. trust, look at other similar servers and copy what works, takes like 20 minutes, all you gotta do is make it look good and it will grow from there

10. 2 weeks ago
    Edited 2 weeks ago by j____a____r____d

here is why cm is dead

1. horribly mismanaged, staff presence is nonexistent and do not engage with the community. the discord is less active than some 10 member private discord
    2. horrible server software, switch to semi vanilla already. many incredibly game breaking things ruining the server experience in the past could've been resolved with a seamless switch to paper or something else actually competent, but there is this obnoxiously obsessive compulsion to stick with official mojang vanilla software. "blame it on mojang" doesnt work as an excuse anymore when there is an objectively better choice to make
    3. vanilla minecraft is running out of steam, sorry, pack things up and move on

is there any fix to these problems? in principle, yep, but pragmatically, nope lol. i have exhaustively discussed these issues for the past 6 years or so, especially the semi vanilla change, and i'm always met with the same adamance over and over again. it is literally pointless to mentally invest any further in a server that refuses to change

or Sign Up to reply!