Why did you choose the name you did?

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

Welp, I'm a big MMO player, and I've played PWI for 7 years now. When I first started playing I was binge watching Inuyasha and always liked the name Kaede (priestess from the show). Wanted to make it my own so I just tweaked the spelling and tried out different sounds to find a similar name I liked. Thus, Naidae (Nigh-ey-day) was born.

:)

3. Well, this account doesn't belong to me 2.5 years ago. I have this account because friend stopped playing minecraft so he gave this account to me. I don't really know the whole story but this is what I guess.
    The "CreeperLord" part is properly because it's one of the most famous feature in the game. But then, he realized that "CreeperLord" is not available, So he decided to add "170" behind it, which is the bus route we take when we leave school every day.
    That's what I heard from him, not 100% sure if this is the full story. :P

4. So me, my grandfather, and my brother's ex-wife were all in Las Vegas...

I was planning to visit my Grandparents in Texas before my family and I were going to move there from California, and they just so happened to be taking a small vacation to Vegas. So we arranged that me, my brother, and his wife at the time would meet up with my grandparents and leave me with them and then I would return to Texas with them. We would spend a week having fun in Vegas together while staying at the MGM Grand Hotel before we left.

One morning, or rather afternoon as I had slept in on the amazingly comfy bed in the hotel room, my grandpa walked in from just having lunch at the buffet on the ground floor and noticed my bedhead, I had really long hair at the time, and said, "Your hair looks kinda kinky." Not half a second later, my brothers wife walked in behind him and said, "mornin bobo!" Which she often called me. My grandpa looked at me, then back at her, and then once again at me and slowly sounded out the name, "Kink-ky-Bo-bo", and then we all laughed. The name was funny and had a weird catchiness to it so I started using it. Its now the name for my entire gaming identity. Everything from my Xbox Live Gamertag to my Battle.net account is Kinkybobo. If you google it, 80% of the results are my profiles. League of legends account, bungie.net profile, world of warcraft characters... All me =P

5. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

@Kinkybobo So me, my grandfather, and my brother's ex-wife were all in Las Vegas...

I was planning to visit my Grandparents in Texas before my family and I were going to move there from California, and they just so happened to be taking a small vacation to Vegas. So we arranged that me, my brother, and his wife at the time would meet up with my grandparents and leave me with them and then I would return to Texas with them. We would spend a week having fun in Vegas together while staying at the MGM Grand Hotel before we left.

One morning, or rather afternoon as I had slept in on the amazingly comfy bed in the hotel room, my grandpa walked in from just having lunch at the buffet on the ground floor and noticed my bedhead, I had really long hair at the time, and said, "Your hair looks kinda kinky." Not half a second later, my brothers wife walked in behind him and said, "mornin bobo!" Which she often called me. My grandpa looked at me, then back at her, and then once again at me and slowly sounded out the name, "Kink-ky-Bo-bo", and then we all laughed. The name was funny and had a weird catchiness to it so I started using it. Its now the name for my entire gaming identity. Everything from my Xbox Live Gamertag to my Battle.net account is Kinkybobo. If you google it, 80% of the results are my profiles. League of legends account, bungie.net profile, world of warcraft characters... All me =P

lmao

kink-ky-bo-bo...

6. @Kinkybobo the way you opened your sentence + having "kinky" in your name..i thought, "oh crap where is this going?"

7. Doge for obvious reasons.
    Twinkie because I had a name Twinkie McWinkie on a GTA San Andreas Multiplayer server I used to play on.
    Don't know why I took "i", most likely because it looked nice.

I also needed 15 minutes to think of a name like that =D

8. Once upon a time there was a scallywag named MagnumOpus who obtained Minecraft using clandestine means. Long he noobed upon a great server with landclaims, caring not a whit for the revenue streams of others. There did he build the first Peerless Monstrosity, the folly that must rise before the game can truly commence. Then one day the map was broken. And Ragnarok was the day the landclaims disappeared.

MagnumOpus died in the ruins. If you listen carefully, you can still hear his screams, echoing throughout the cosmos...

Sometime later his spirit had healed somewhat, and looked upon 1.7, and saw that it was good. But scalwaggery had been eliminated. It was time to pay.

But the name, alas, was taken. But the word has its plural. So MagnaOpera was born.

9. Edited 7 years ago by Valgys

This guy right here.

-image-

Only mofo in every anime I've watched who was capable of defeating a mecha, that also happened to be invisible, using only a sword (ie, no mecha of his own) and while outnumbered.

I've watched almost a hundred anime series over the span of 20 years and this guy is one of the top two most memorable characters. The name is a tribute to him with a tweak (balgus/valgys) to keep things unique. I began using it when figuring a name out to use for when the mmorpg Dark Ages of Camelot was first released, years later.

10. My name came from World of Warcraft, I couldn't figure out what to name my Draenei Death Knight, so I hit the random name button until this one came up and been using it since

11. After I changed my name I wanted something that had to do with food, I thought about FlashFlood, but I ended up with this instead

12. Edited 7 years ago by BoneChi11er

Well this started all the way back in Xbox 360 years, I'm talking 2006. First name I used was major001... noob alert. After awhile I thought a change was to be made so I tried LSD. But it was taken. So I tried BoneChiller, which was inspired by a book, but that was taken. So I noobified the name by replacing the ll with 11 and that is how my name came to be. Plus it wasn't used by anyone else like anywhere so yeah.

13. I just throw in a word with an animal"s name. :P ( and kangaroos squeak so dont call me a mouse when i do that -_- )

14. squeaker @ViciousKangaroo

15. Tez could be short for Theresa, but no, I love mathematics and was looking for a game nickname a long time ago and thought 'Tessellations' were interesting and the word sounded good. So Tez is short for Tessellations and of course was taken when it came to minecraft.

I tried all sorts of variations (including Tezzer, my alt! lol ) and chose the number to get a unique id.
    I like the alliteration and cadence of Teztenten.

I look forward to hearing from more folks how they chose their name.

16. Everyone has such interesting name origins and I don't even know mine - well the small part I did is incredibly unoriginal :/

17. @iclutchHD squeaker @ViciousKangaroo

:(

18. Dont make me vicious ;)

19. My name is actually quite simple, Gibson- Guitar brand I started off with, Axe- Nickname used for Guitars hence GibsonAxe :P

20. @GibsonAxe My name is actually quite simple, Gibson- Guitar brand I started off with, Axe- Nickname used for Guitars hence GibsonAxe :P

Totally guessed this haha

21. FishW, because FishA through FishV were taken lol.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!