Banned players being allowed back

1. 6 years ago

I came across a player named Gminipug14.. which seemed awfully similar to a recently banned player named Gminidog14. He later admitted to being Gminidog, therefore evading a ban.

Several players (iwarriiori, alarmgv12 among others) said that EVADING BANS IS ALLOWED.

Something seems wrong with that statement...

I don't know about you, but by blatantly evading a ban by using an alt account similar to your previous account and also claiming to be a former hacker should result in a ban. It seems super counter-intuitive to allow hackers to simply come back on another account and continue playing on the server. Hackers ruin the game, and are banned for that reason. They should not be allowed back under any circumstance.

I am appalled that this is even allowed (if what the other players said was true) and it certainly doesn't bode well for the server. Playing with X-Rayers, Combat hackers and other cheaters is not something I want to do.

I appreciate the active staff banning known hackers frequently, but this should not be allowed/happening either.

2. Forgive me if this is wrong but banned players are allowed back of the basis that they will from then on cease to use hacks and such allowed to remain on the server, however if they were to hack again and were banned for it it would be an IP ban if I remember rightly.

I may be wrong on this but I tried...

3. I also would like some clarification on this point and if in fact Gminidog has been allowed back after x-ray hacking. ty in advance.

4. Shouldn't this be in Player Reports.

5. Edited 6 years ago by humfrydog

@jamlbon Forgive me if this is wrong but banned players are allowed back of the basis that they will from then on cease to use hacks and such allowed to remain on the server, however if they were to hack again and were banned for it it would be an IP ban if I remember rightly.

I may be wrong on this but I tried...

It is my understanding certain hacks are permanent bans while others are temporary. could we get a list of which are which?

6. @humfrydog It is my understanding certain hacks are permanent bans while others are temporary. could we get a list of which are which?

All hacks result in a permanent ban

7. @The3xpertGamer All hacks result in a permanent ban

I think i was including chat violation bans, my bad sorry

8. In cases where the alt account name is different we can’t be sure if it’s them or not, so people get the benefit of the doubt (major offenses that threaten the server are an exception) if they mess up (using hacks or cheats or causing major problems in chat such as bullying) and we find out they have already been banned on another account they are then IP banned. However we don’t allow cases where people rename an alt to their banned account username.

9. You can alt to evade a ban that is permanent. PonZe is a good example.

10. @_Confederacy_ You can alt to evade a ban that is permanent. PonZe is a good example.

Yes, many players have done this before in the past however if they screw up on said alt (such as in the case of ponZe) they get IP banned for good never to be seen again. We make an effort to catch all hackers and if they are hacking we will find them eventually.

11. k

12. Edited 6 years ago by r4iscool1

@_Confederacy_ Yes, many players have done this before in the past however if they screw up on said alt (such as in the case of ponZe) they get IP banned for good never to be seen again. We make an effort to catch all hackers and if they are hacking we will find them eventually.

It's not evading if we are aware of the user.

We may choose to allow certain community players back on alternate accounts provided they cease hacking. We do this for a number of reasons, including the fact it can be hard to stop this happening in the first place and in account for houses were multiple CM users reside.
    However if such a player then cheats or violates our rules again a permanent IP ban is placed on their IP, siblings or not and we will from that point on add them to the ban on sight list and use other techniques to find their alts.

Such alts will also be starting out from zero as we destroy hacker bases.
    We have had many people reform from allowing this, including one of our current staff. So I would judge the benefit of allowing these people in to be greater than the extra work we have to do, when watching the others.

To be honest, I find your indignation quite offensive, we are the ones that spend the time catching all the hackers after all and we have decided that in certain cases we should allow exceptions. I don't think you have any right to be appalled frankly.

13. @_Confederacy_ You can alt to evade a ban that is permanent. PonZe is a good example.

Rumors say Oblivion still plays btw

14. @HaloNest Rumors say Oblivion still plays btw

Rumors say Strangers Company still exists xd

15. @iwarriiori Rumors say Strangers Company still exists xd

although its against me i gotta say its a pre good one

16. @Blackened_Dawn k

k

17. @R4iscool1 It's not evading if we are aware of the user.

We may choose to allow certain community players back on alternate accounts provided they cease hacking. We do this for a number of reasons, including the fact it can be hard to stop this happening in the first place and in account for houses were multiple CM users reside.
    However if such a player then cheats or violates our rules again a permanent IP ban is placed on their IP, siblings or not and we will from that point on add them to the ban on sight list and use other techniques to find their alts.

Such alts will also be starting out from zero as we destroy hacker bases.
    We have had many people reform from allowing this, including one of our current staff. So I would judge the benefit of allowing these people in to be greater than the extra work we have to do, when watching the others.

To be honest, I find your indignation quite offensive, we are the ones that spend the time catching all the hackers after all and we have decided that in certain cases we should allow exceptions. I don't think you have any right to be appalled frankly.

As I said, I appreciate and am aware that you guys spend a lot of time catching/cleaning up after hackers. I just thought that by using severe cheats, a player should be given no second chances, ie. IP ban.

That being said, after hearing what you guys have had to say I can see some justification of letting a banned player back under a different name/persona to try and redeem themselves. But having virtually the same name and first lying about having no affiliation with a hacker and then admitting minutes later that you are said hacker (Gminidog14/Gminipug14) is sort of insulting to the staff/players.

I apologize if I offended you, I just thought this needed to be addressed.

18. There have been cases where perma banned players have come back on alts and become very valueable players on the community

19. Alright well here's my $.02,

Hackers that come back on an alt usually have to ask around if it's allowed, and if they're willing to put the effort in to do that they probably want to play legit. If they don't they don't really care about what they did most the time. If in the case they do reoffend, they will promptly get banned.

So why shouldn't they be allowed to redeem themselves?

or Sign Up to reply!