1. 6 years ago

Hi everyone, as some of you will know i have been busy getting fit and slimmer over the last few months. I have been walking, running, bjj and going to the gym. Having never run before in my life i used an app called Couch to 5k to get me started and can now comfortably run for three miles. I highly recommend it.

Was wondering if there were some others on the server who would like to exchange tips, achievements, and encourage each other. Maybe even set up a discord group?

I also found a website where we can compare running times with age related values. The Good Run Guide.

2. I am Mr Olympia

3. I should start working out sometime, gj @Tez1010 for keeping it going!

4. I sometime walk a few miles

5. I used to run 5k's most mornings but now go to the gym most days with a 5k every week or so. I like this idea and would be happy to contribute :)

6. I live in the 4th floor (5th floor in murican-english) of an old house. There aint no fucking elevator so walking those stairs quite a few times per day, sometimes heavily packed, is enough fitness-training for me lmao

7. Edited 6 years ago by Valgys

Congrats on your success and perserverance Tez!

Assuming your joints are up for it, a multi-day backpacking trip accelerates the weight loss process.

Carry a pack to bring your weight up to, or just past your pre-exercise weight.

The idea is that your body is already used to moving with the weight but your muscles and joints have strengthened enough to give you the needed endurance to walk for hours at a time.

Put in at least an honest 6 hrs of walking if you can, each day for a few days and you’ll be pleased with the results. And most importantly stay hydrated and mind your caloric intake.

If not backpacking, you’ll be surprised how much food intake alone plays into weight loss. Even temporarily not drinking beer or coffee for a month can cut your weight by 5lbs/2.2kg. But whether that’s really living is for you to decide though lol.

8. Thank you for all your advice @Valgys. I have already lost nearly three stone and am now in the ideal weight zone, though i would love to lose a little more.

Im not sure back packing is for me - we did the Hadrians' Wall Path a little while ago and though we didnt carry all our gear did have a fair amount to carry and walked 90 miles in 7.5 days. Despite being really quite moderate on the eating for a holiday i lost little weight that week.

I have cut out sugar in my drinks and reduced my overall intake which has made a big difference. I actually exercise every morning, do two walks a week, two or three runs, two lots of bjj (grappling) two visits to the gym and a swimming lesson. So that helps to make up for too much time spent playing minecraft!

i tried boxercise which is fun but it was just before the swimming lesson and tended to make my back hurt.

9. Want access to one of the best exercise programs in the world? Well you can do that right now, it's absolutely FREE! We will even pay you for taking part. Sign Up Here or talk to your local recruiter(I assume you have those in the UK).

10. Lol - dont think the army would have me!

11. I’m always running around a basketball court 24/7 that’s all I do to keep me fit :P

12. FitMC here

13. @Sofatroll I live in the 4th floor (5th floor in murican-english) of an old house. There aint no fucking elevator so walking those stairs quite a few times per day, sometimes heavily packed, is enough fitness-training for me lmao

Are you my neighbour? lol

14. @HaloNest I’m always running around a basketball court 24/7 that’s all I do to keep me fit :P

"24/7"

15. Yes I play professional, that's what I currently do for a living apart from eating pizza and studying languages, don't diss

16. I am i n great shape, the greatest shape in nature, ROUND, lol

17. @humfrydog xD If you keep playing MC you'll turn square

18. @Tez1010 congrats on your hard work!

I have started doing daily exercise for the last few weeks, and it's definitely worth it! :)

19. Thanks @Stone__Warrior. Well done to you, too. What are you doing for your daily exercise?

20. Thanks @Tez1010 !
    Right now I am trying to use a certain routine each week. This week I am doing calf exercises, then sit-ups or squats (alternate between days), next push-ups, and finally, dumbbells.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!