My Resource Pack!

1. 7 years ago

So if you haven't been living under a block of stone, you may have noticed that I haven't been active in a few days. I had a reason for that.

I have been working on a resource pack designed to simplify Minecraft's textures for a potato PC. I was somewhat inspired by OCD, but I didn't like a lot of their changes.

I call it 'KeepItSimple', and it is still currently in development (~50% done with blocks, haven't touched anything else)

Here are some pictures of spawn in its current form:

-image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image- - I textured the sides of the grass path but forgot to texture the top. Oops.
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-

2. beware of this texture pack, its possible to use it to get your coords

3. This is a nice texture pack. Do you also made something for the animated blocks (e.g. sea lanterns, rough prismarine). Ive been searching forever for a good texture for those blocks.

4. @TheForgotten20 beware of this texture pack, its possible to use it to get your coords

@TheForgotten20 This is of spawn, bro

5. @_Drachenzorn_ This is a nice texture pack. Do you also made something for the animated blocks (e.g. sea lanterns, rough prismarine). Ive been searching forever for a good texture for those blocks.

I'm getting there @_Drachenzorn_ !

6. Prismarine and Sea Lanterns added!

7. Edited 7 years ago by _Haxington_

The 32x32 textures will not help performance... If anything they will make it worse.

8. download my resource pack instead! i have zelda sounds!

9. @_Haxington_ The 32x32 textures will not help performance... If anything they will make it worse.

@_Haxington_ The 32x32 textures will not help performance... If anything they will make it worse.

why is that? wouldnt less detailed textures make it easier to run due to the fact that the gpu (be it part if the cpu or seperate) has less things to render

10. @_Haxington_ The 32x32 textures will not help performance... If anything they will make it worse.

Felt the need to confirm this to ensure the point is heard.
    Using a 32x32 resource pack will actually decrease performance over the default 16x16 pack.

11. @R4iscool1 Felt the need to confirm this to ensure the point is heard.
    Using a 32x32 resource pack will actually decrease performance over the default 16x16 pack.

thank you for explaining why, didnt realize that default was 16x16

12. Edited 7 years ago by Nysic

I changed the title of this thread to avoid confusion as we don't endorse any particular resource packs.

The thread itself is fine just the wording of the title needed to change.

13. @R4iscool1 Felt the need to confirm this to ensure the point is heard.

Does like everyone have a crappy pc? lol

14. @CactusOwnage Does like everyone have a crappy pc? lol

Yes. Yes we do.

15. @CactusOwnage Does like everyone have a crappy pc? lol

Well...

16. @_Confederacy_ Yes. Yes we do.

Cant be that bad..

17. @CactusOwnage Cant be that bad..

20-30fps is smooth for me :)

Optifine doesn't help much.

18. lol

19. Edited 7 years ago by Rybye

@_Confederacy_ 20-30fps is smooth for me :)

Optifine doesn't help much.

Yo that sucks my PC is shit but I get 100 fps usually

20. Edited 7 years ago by CactusOwnage

@Rybye Yo that sucks my PC is shit but I get 100 fps usually

I get around 100 fps with most Ultra shaders packs xD

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!