1. 6 years ago

Recently I have encountered contradicting statements regarding specific rules from staff members. Two examples of this is are players changing spawners (some say it is allowed under circumstances, other say it is strictly prohibited), and the use of auto clickers (I was told if it didn't modify the client it was okay and i've heard that "it is a big no no" under and circumstance). I don't mean to sound disrespectful but I feel like it would be beneficial to everyone if the staff either had a deatiled conversation about specific rules like these or created a more specific rulebook that players could look at.

Thanks for taking the time to hear me out.
    -Grass

2. wtf is communicaiton

3. Edited 6 years ago by BluePlauge

Staff do keep constant communication with each other, we have a group chat that we all keep open 24/7. We can see other staff asking for clarification as well as instructions handed down from the higher ranked staff. For the most part all of the rules are listed on the Rules page, to help moderate chat and combat trolls who seek loopholes, staff will agree on workarounds and adjustments to existing rules. We will warn a player before enforcing a rule that has been newly changed or implemented. As an example you asked me about Auto-clickers and I told you that I would double check. I asked all the staff in the group chat and was told unanimously "No". I then came back and told you so that you knew going forward. I felt that was clear communication between staff and players.
    I understand your desire to have a set of 100% concrete rules written down, but that's just not possible. As soon as you say, these are the rules and all the rules, someone will find something new and say " well that wasn't in the rules". With technology constantly changing and being updated some rules require flexibility and staff will always do their best to 1) Keep the peace for everyone and 2) Enforce the rules fairly for all players and staff.
    I hope this at least partly addresses your concern.

4. @BluePlauge I hope this at least party addresses your concern.

Motion is seconded

5. -image-

6. Wot in communication

7. Deleted 2 years ago by Blackened_Dawn
  8. Edited 6 years ago by BluePlauge

I assure you that all the staff do take this seriously, there's just not much more to say after the first response so the other staff took a more light-hearted approach. Trust me though if you have any issues in the future or questions, you can ask any staff and we will do our best to provide a unified answer as quick as reasonably possible.

9. Edited 6 years ago by Grassling

If you guys communicate as stated why do I get contradictory statements in short spans of time.

10. What? Who ever would have thought completely different people would disagree with each other. I thought all of us thought the same way

11. This is the internet Clutch, how dare you think differently

12. Different staff members have different ways of handling different stuff, as well as logic, some might think "How would we know you are using auto-click?, you can just have your mouse stuck, or be clicking yourself, so yeah" , others might think that watching somebody do the same thing for 5 hours means it is definetly auto-click so no, these are both good opinions, but it is hard to determine which one should be prioritized so the simple, "Is auto-click banneable?" isn't as simple to answer as you might think.
    At least that is what I believe could cause some contradictions or disagreements.

13. How would you be using the auto clicker on the server? Please specify

14. Edited 6 years ago by Grassling

You are completley different people but you are part of the same team enforcing the same rules what kind of response is that.

@iclutchHD What? Who ever would have thought completely different people would disagree with each other. I thought all of us thought the same way

15. Please listen to staff members - In order to keep the server safe, staff reserve the right to add, modify and patch rules.

We make on-the-spot decisions all the time. Those decisions are then brought into staff chat and discussed in more detail. If staff then decide to reverse the in-game decision, then the rule changes. We're constantly shaping the rules to make them better fit the server.

There have been many rules made in game, then later reversed. Just as there will be more in the future when players try to find loopholes

16. @Grassling You are completley different people but you are part of the same team enforcing the same rules what kind of response is that.

As venetorem said we do sometimes make on the spot decisions which may be reversed upon later discussion.
    Generally however this is a rare occurrence.

For example we recently decided to forbid eggs in spawners after discussion about the effect on the economy. I doubt anyone has contradicted that since the decision. Its not realistic to expect the rules to stay stagnant and not change.

17. Also might I add sometimes we can misunderstand the situation or question and accidently give the wrong response

18. @ryleeraee Also might I add sometimes we can misunderstand the situation or question and accidently give the wrong response

you mean sometimes you guys can be human ?!

19. Edited 6 years ago by Nysic

@Benjiramm you mean sometimes you guys can be human ?!

Except when it comes to hackers, then we're just robots.

or Sign Up to reply!