1.13 News / Discussion

1. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by NerdieBirdieYT

So, in recent Tweets from Mojang, it's been revealed that 1.13 will be later than expected. However, instead of being a technical-only update, it will now be what we expected from 1.13 as well as the entire Aquatic Update we expected from 1.14. So, what are your thoughts on this, the technical updates, and the Aquatic Update in general? What are you most looking forward to, and how do you think it will affect CraftyMynes?

Here's the post about the change: https://t.co/1DmKLV9med

2. "the elusive rewrite of world generation"

"new world format"

I am excited these sound like performance updates! hopefully that will allow crafty mynes to increase render distance to 64 chunks :)

ohk i know it will never happen but i can hope cannot i !

3. @JKELLER4000 "the elusive rewrite of world generation"

"new world format"

I am excited these sound like performance updates! hopefully that will allow crafty mynes to increase render distance to 64 chunks :)

ohk i know it will never happen but i can hope cannot i !

It will definitely be a performance boost, although I highly doubt 64 render distance will ever come to CraftyMynes ^^'

4. A stupendous opportunity to re texture every single block of every mod that doesn’t get its textures updated, how fun!

5. this'll be great for sure ayeeee
    -image-

6. What would be the price for those tridents, if you had to make a guess (In diamonds)?

7. @MisterChris717 What would be the price for those tridents, if you had to make a guess (In diamonds)?

Starting out? About a stack of db or more depending on how it's obtained. After a few months? 50 - 100 dia. Just an estimate based on how Elytra effected the economy.

8. reee I wanna keep my totems

9. ''wHeN iS Tee mAP ReeesEEET??''

in more seriousness @MisterChris717 i'd imagine tridents would be a loot-only item from either shipwrecks, or potentially you can use prismarine to make them, but if they're loot based it'd depend on how often shipwrecks spawn.

10. Very nice answers everyone

11. k

12. Edited 6 years ago by EnderConstructor

Am i the only one who is just hyped about the BARK blocks? :) (and the fact that u will be able to place regular chests next to eachother).

13. Out of milions of players - I don't think so

14. Oh my gosh, that's wonderful for the chests. Plus I'm super stoked about no more flippin ghost blocks. But what are BARK blocks?

15. @Family_Tuber Oh my gosh, that's wonderful for the chests. Plus I'm super stoked about no more flippin ghost blocks. But what are BARK blocks?

Tree bark. Unlike regular wood blocks, bark blocks are bark on all sides.

16. That's a cool feature for sure

17. Interesting, could greatly add variety to wood builds where you just want the bark look!

18. my dream would be to be able to put item frames on the floor and carpet tiles on the wall but i guess they havent added that...

19. Edited 6 years ago by NerdieBirdieYT

@Tez1010 my dream would be to be able to put item frames on the floor and carpet tiles on the wall but i guess they havent added that...

I could be wrong, but aren't item frames going to be able to be placed on the ceiling and floor? I thought that was confirmed.

EDIT: Just checked, and yep, items frames can be placed on all sides of a block in 1.13.

20. happy, happy, happy

now i can put a map on the floor - yay

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!