Self Challenge Phase II: 25* Million or Bust

1. ‹ Older
  2. 4 years ago

-image-

I wish I had something witty or funny for this one. But I'm just gonna be honest. I pulled an all-nighter to get this screenshot. I got hit with a case of insomnia and pushed through. I didn't even do anything fun, I literally finished tearing down a mountain, rebuilt it 50 blocks away, then built a 51 diameter circle to mark out the center of the megabuild I'm working on. Oh and I moved the mountain because it was in the way of the terrain I wanted to use. I'm outta gas. My eyes are burning from lack of sleep. But I only have 1 million left to the first goal.

Worth it.

3. Edited 4 years ago by Graystreak

Just had my closest call yet. It was almost all over. So close that I almost gave up and accepted that I lost the challenge. I only have screenshots of the aftermath because I was obviously panicking as it was happening.

I was beacon mining on diamond level and came across an interesting terrain generation; a lava pool spawned in a couple blocks lower than the normal lava level. For some reason I didn't water bucket it right away and continued mining. About a minute later I saw a slime spawn, which i was happy to go kill; part of the reason I was clearing was to find slime chunks. I started walking backward to torch grid a few areas that i had just dug to get back to where I left off.......

And fell right into the lava pool that I had just found. My head submerged. I have a little fire prot on my armor, but no potions on me. There just happened to be a single block of stone I could jump on, and thankfully I already had a water bucket on my hotbar. I was down to 2 hearts by the time I put the fire out. I don't think the totem I was carrying would have even saved me. Thank god for that water bucket!

Here is the pool of death (now obsidian), the slime had spawned right about where the creeper is in the background.
    -image-

My new favorite block in the game, my solitary salvation and only reason the challenge continues.
    -image-

4. Edited 4 years ago by Graystreak

Tonight's the night! I'm going for broke to hit the first challenge. I'm gonna marathon until I hit 10 mil. If i did my math right, i'll hit it around 2:30 AM Eastern time tonight.

EDIT: i mucked up the math. it's 3:30 eastern. 2 hours left...i dunno if i can stay awake that long....

5. No. NO. NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I was SO CLOSE! What was I thinking??? I alt-tabbed at dusk on an island??? I'm an idiot!

Damnit. I guess I need to give out my coords on here since I gave them in chat already. But let me show you what happened first.....
    -image-

Well as promised my base coords are.....

STILL SAFE CUZ THAT'S NOT ON THE SERVER! That's my single player world :)

This is what happened on the server:
    -image-
    -image-

I MADE IT!!!! ON TO 20 MILLION!
    (and thank fuck my enderchest is finally safe!)

6. Congrats Roylne :)

7. You had me fooled then... I saw it was posted 3 mins ago, started rushing to get on the computer xD
    Well done!

8. Yay I was hoping to fool at least one person ;) Thanks guys!

9. u did great congrat

10. Shoutout to @Pwnanite, thanks for the crazy generous gift! I needed a shulker box!

-image-

11. LOL yee I promise, theres nothing in the shulker :3 atleast nothing thatl bite...

12. Another million ticks in the bag, still truckin'
    -image-

Thought I'd share a few funny moments from along the way, starting with the only oops moment I've had recently: enderpearling straight into a pigman and ending up like this...
    -image-

Spent almost half an hour trying to get a zombie to punch a villager so I could cure it and reduce the trade prices, Nothing would work, even went so far as to get both of them in a boat, and waited...and waited...
    Eventually i got it to work (without the boat) but it was a process to get there. I know those in chat with me had a laugh at my expense ;)
    -image-

And this just happened today, I was filling in some blocks under a layer of glass when I noticed this fella tracking me and following where I went. Kinda reminded me of putting food on top of a glass table and watching the dog try to eat it through the glass. Wait.. that means i would be the dog? And the creeper would be the....ummm...nevermind, I still thought it was funny though.
    -image-

Oh! I almost forgot. I had an idea today to take the challenge to the next level and involve all of you directly as well. I still have some details to work out, but I'm hoping it will be a fun event we can do a couple times before I get to 20 million..assuming I don't die the first time I attempt it. So I'll just leave you all in suspense for right now......

13. please have the event after 6 days from now so I get unbanned and can play it xd

14. Had another close call tonight, an ultimate example of risk vs reward stemming from something that I thought would be pretty insignificant.

I had gotten bored (spent most of the day digging a massive hole), so I decided to use my raid farm for some easy emeralds before heading to bed. I use a bell to track the raid through the ceiling to see if they all make their way into the trap I built or if I have to hunt them down. One of the times I hit the bell I noticed a witch outline close to one of the walls of the room. I figured there was a cave there, so after I finished the raid I dug towards where I had seen the witch. I didn't have to go very far....
    -image-

I ended up not finding a cave, but a mineshaft. I ran back to my storage area, stocked up on torches and began exploring. Almost right away I was rewarded. The second minecart chest I found looked something like this...
    -image-

But then I ran into the close call. We all know that mineshafts mean one thing. Cave spiders. I had found a couple spawners here and there, but as I neared the center of the mineshaft I was overrun by a swarm of them. It was a struggle, but I managed to fight them off. I could see that there were two spawners close to each other. I decided to save them for later to build a string farm. But even after I lit them up and killed off the spiders I could find, I could still hear more spawning. A couple right turns down some corridors discovered a third spawner. Since it was still spawning spiders as I cleared the first two, I knew it had to be in range of them as well. A little digging and this was the end result of almost being wiped out....
    -image-

What started as "huh, there must be a cave there" turned into a near death, a notch apple, and a future op string/wool farm. Not bad for digging 15 blocks.

15. Edited 4 years ago by Graystreak

Nothing like a little rare bug to get the blood flowing first thing after logging in...

Went to go clear my inventory of the spoils from the mineshaft, when all my chests suddenly vanished. The hitboxes were still there, I could open them, but I couldn't see them. I ran around my base and discovered that anywhere I had chests, I now had blank space. Went so far as to have @otakuinalaska come tp to me to make sure they were still there. I even tp-ed back to Shaded Tree Grotto, and sure enough, they were invisible too. Relogging didn't help either, ended up having to completely restart the client.

What I should have seen at the grotto:
    -image-

What I actually saw:
    -image-

Does this mean even mojang is getting mad I haven't died yet? :P

16. I like how organized it is!

17. Then you'd hate the base I'm working on now, haven't built a proper storage area yet so everything is just kind of everywhere lol

18. Did you have optifine on? That sometimes makes chests invisible.

19. Nope, don't have it installed, last time I did was 1.13. I think I just got lucky

20. In the immortal words of Monty Python, And now for something completely different.

*Best David Attenborough impression*

Here we see the majestic @DonCake, soaring through the sky, peforming his happy firework dance!
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-

21. @Roylne1 In the immortal words of Monty Python, And now for something completely different.

*Best David Attenborough impression*

Here we see the majestic @DonCake, soaring through the sky, peforming his happy firework dance!
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-

amazing references there, Roy! ;)

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!