1. 2 years ago

So been hearing a lot of people want the end to be fixed so dragons breath and the dragon can be respawned... I've thought of a way that might work but I don't know if yall have time to do it... Could you possibly reset the chunks for the end main island only and see if that fixes it?

2. I think this would be a bad idea, because many of the end pillars have already been substantially mined away so resetting the chunks in the end would cause new and fresh obsidian to pop up out of nowhere. The only legitimate way to regenerate the end pillars is by respawning the ender dragon. Staff respawning the end pillars would be abusing their power in my honest opinion.

3. Idc how it happens but ya boy needs some dragons breath

4. Anyways, ignoring the stupid input... Still think it's a good idea to do that because it really won't affect anything major no one's builds will be messed up and people who have bridged off the end island can repair their bridge easily.

5. if you think its that easy then crafty would have done it already

6. i disagree with this post, if the dragon isn't respawnable then it should stay that way. it wouldn't be very "vanilla" for a vanilla server to directly intervene with how the game is played. not to mention the point @jarcl_ makes is completely valid as well, it would spawn a bunch of obsidian. the only real solution is to keep things how they are

7. The issues are mostly logistics and morality. Technically we could just change a few bytes in the level.dat file and the dragon should respawn. This would be fine, however, there was quite a group of players that originally made it to the end at the beginning and it would be unfair to not give them an exclusive first chance to kill the new dragon. This involves getting 10+ players to agree on a time to show up, it also means we would need to close off access to the end for everyone not in the initial group that made it there.

At the moment we cannot get the players to agree on a path moving forward so nothing has happened. As you can see in this post alone there is disagreement. It’s possible we could respawn the dragon but not allow an egg to be spawned but it’s up to the players involved to decide that.

8. Edited 2 years ago by ThePhoenix

@CraftyMyner The issues are mostly logistics and morality. Technically we could just change a few bytes in the level.dat file and the dragon should respawn. This would be fine, however, there was quite a group of players that originally made it to the end at the beginning and it would be unfair to not give them an exclusive first chance to kill the new dragon. This involves getting 10+ players to agree on a time to show up, it also means we would need to close off access to the end for everyone not in the initial group that made it there.

At the moment we cannot get the players to agree on a path moving forward so nothing has happened. As you can see in this post alone there is disagreement. It’s possible we could respawn the dragon but not allow an egg to be spawned but it’s up to the players involved to decide that.

I understand what you are saying, would there be a way for yall to do that and kill the dragon first time and have a pvp match, raffle or something for the 10 that were in the end? That way people can respawn the dragon again and yall don't have to worry about getting all 10 on at once? Just a suggestion.

Also to go on what u said about this post they are just trolling me because they don't like me... No valid reasoning behind why it shouldn't be reset... except what you said yourself crafty. That makes sense...

9. At this point, the best course of action would be to restore the end portal and dragon game mechanics to the state it would be if someone had killed it the first time. Then we just need to deal with the logistics of deciding who gets the egg.

10. nobody getting the egg seems like the most fair option to me

11. ^^^^

12. As part of the group that was first to the dragon fight, I know our group would be okay with the egg being put in spawn with a list of all the names that were involved in the original dragon fight. Technically no one would have it at this point, but those involved get the credit.

13. As another member of the first-to be there-group, i agree with Slainte

14. Edited 2 years ago by Th3GreenGamer

As a person that was NOT a part of any group or hunting the egg, gibs me da dragons breath.

15. As a person there, give me da dragons breath

or Sign Up to reply!