Why did you choose the name you did?

1. 7 years ago

It's always interested me, so I'll think I'll ask
    Why did you choose the name you did? Is there any reason or meaning behind it?
    I'll go first judging as it's my post XD

I had kik on my phone and had just bought a tablet, and wanted a second account for it, i was 14 at the time. People then in the groups I spoke in called me Danny (although no one in real life does XD) and I love/have an obsession with sharks, so the name Dannysharks was born. I have a few other usernames but that's my main

2. Confederacy- A league or alliance, typically formed for illicit purposes

I wanted to see how many people understood this.

Other than that I didn't know what to use as a name, and Confederacy was taken, so _Confederacy_ was born.

-Confed

3. Edited 7 years ago by PapaNeon

Me and a few friends had a clan on mw3 for awhile, "Neon". My name was originally Neongingers, but I was talking with my friend one night, and we were making jokes. one thing led to another, and now I'm Neonjews.

4. I'm actually no longer sure where my name came from cos it came about form when i was like 6 but I'm pretty sure that the "jam" part comes from my name - James - after that i have no idea i was a very weird child (tbh i still am)

5. Well, When I was finally changing my name from StaticSword (Stupid alt name), I couldn't use the name I use for almost everything, the name I had taken as my own for a few years now. Blacksraven.
    So I decided to go for a new name, Seeing as I enjoyed the Elder Scrolls and always played as a Dunmer, and the Raven part of my usual name, It feel simply into my lap. And viola.
    That is how the Raven you all know and probably hate came into being :P

6. (Where's the caw? :P)

7. @_Confederacy_ (Where's the caw? :P)

Caw isn't always required :P

Caw! Caw!

8. @TheDunmerRaven That is how the Raven you all know and probably hate came into being :P

We don't hate you (that much :P ) Caw!

9. bSan is actually how I sign the projects I develop (name and surname)

420 stands for... things...

10. MY name was chosen from an old childhood memory of a book i enjoyed about dwarves that were imprisoned by humans, forced to work as slaves- they overcame their human captors by having the cooks make BattleBread, wich they used to escape their chains and bash in the head of the king that declared them slaves in the first place. :)

11. Edited 7 years ago by argonFiles

i remembered an old name suggestion from a friend from a few years ago ..no context, of course

12. Deleted 7 years ago by Fingerbib
  13. Mtbsharkman comes from my love of sharks and mtb (mauntin bilking)
    So the name was born. There are no shark emoji so

14. i just kinda smushed my first andd last name together in a creative way :P

15. I first used the ign "Venetorem" when i was 8 when i joined some mmorpg, don't even remember the name. I made some great friends i still keep in touch with to this day. We decided to play another game, and we all used the same usernames so we could find each other easier. That pattern continued with every game i started, singleplayer or multiplayer, fps or sim. Over the last 14 years (god that hurts...), "Venetorem" is as much my name as my given one. I even have some friends that just call me Vene and not Jason. There are many games that i have never tried because i couldn't gt the name (too long and Vene was too short or taken...)

16. Beedobi is the name of a character I love very much (designed by Pimpcy). No it isnt from anything, hes actually my own character. He looked like a bee, dog and bird hybrid when he was being created so I named him Beedobi, a mash up of all the words. I liked how it easily rolled off the tongue so i kept it that way. Ironic he ended up being a moth dog hybrid, nothing to do with a bee or a bird.

Then i got back into playing Minecraft and needed an account name that i could stick with, so I chose my home boy Beedobi. It's been my username ever since.

17. I was eating strawberry while choosing a name, so Cileklim was born.
    (cilek = strawberry)

18. Edited 7 years ago by CraftyMyner

Simple, I am Crafty and this name is Myne.

There's a longer version:

I used to watch this guy and he responded to one of my comments, I thought it was so cool I named my character after the way he spelt MyneCraft.

19. Edited 7 years ago by mightymyntz

Growing up, I always saw myself as someone who was kind and considerate, but could get feisty if necessary. I guess I equated that with how mints taste in your mouth, they're sweet but spicy and refreshing. So I thought a "mighty mint" could be someone who was small and cute but could pack a punch. Now I'm mightymyntz on everything internet-related. xD

The "myntz" spelling comes from my mom's preferred brand of breath mints.

20. I am Pimp My name Is Macy
    I am Pimpcy. That's it that's the joke.
    -image-

Long Story: I joined a group of similar interest before Minecraft and all that I socialized there and made friends at the moment doing stupid things that we all enjoyed at the time, well one day one person wanted to draw us all as a "Family" and suggested everyone in this group choose what you wanted to be, I jokingly said I wanted to be the Pimp that's it. It surprisingly caught on and it became popular People started drawing me as a pimp and even I made a character out of it soon all my usernames started having pimp in it one way or another this has been lasting for like 4 years im serious it probably won't end

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!