CraftyMynes Owner AMA

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago

@Blackened_Dawn @CraftyMyner do you actually sleep when I spam you in skype to go to sleep? :P

Most of the time I just get off the server and program something until I pass out.

3. Has your ALT's base ever been raided/griefed?

4. @_lilbezi_ Has your ALT's base ever been raided/griefed?

Never! I am very aware of the do's and don'ts of making a base on this server.

5. If you could add one feature to minecraft to make life easier on the server what would it be?

6. @FishW If you could add one feature to minecraft to make life easier on the server what would it be?

I would get the ppl of spigot to team with mojang and fix all the issues of vanilla. If that was a little too much, I would like the ability to use variables in command blocks as well as multi line command blocks.

7. Sorry to ask another question, but im enjoying this lol
    Any tips for an aspiring redstoner such as myself?

8. @FishW Any tips for an aspiring redstoner such as myself?

It depends what you want to do, if it's contraptions (like hidden doors and stuff) you are after, play around, mix and match different elements until it does something.

If you want to build calculators and computers, it's a good idea to have at least a basic understanding logic gates and how computers work at their core.

If its command blocks you are after, I would go watch some command block overview videos, download some maps and have a peek at whats in the command blocks that make it tick.

You have a lot of options, the best thing you can do is play around, learn by experimentation, that is how i learned everything I know, redstone/server side.

9. @FishW Sorry to ask another question, but im enjoying this lol

This is exciting for me too!

10. If you could meet 1 person in the world who would it be?

11. Did you ever expect CraftyMynes to become as popular as it did, or that it would become a safe haven for some users?

12. @Nysic
    If you could meet 1 person in the world who would it be?

I wish I could meet myself, a clone of me, we would have so much to talk about, we could get 2 times the work done.

13. @Beedobi Did you ever expect CraftyMynes to become as popular as it did, or that it would become a safe haven for some users?

I had no idea, to this day I am still a bit baffled by how many players we get and how strong our community is. As a person that really likes helping people and seeing my hard work pay off, this server is the best thing that has happened to me.

14. How do you feel about Mexican food?

15. @rnc2011 How do you feel about Mexican food?

Never knew what real tacos were until I went to mexico for a week.

16. why did you make it a server even though it was supposed to be for a redstone users like you?

17. Edited 8 years ago by CraftyMyner

@bladerunner why did you make it a server even though it was supposed to be for a redstone users like you?

I used to play on a server that had some limited command block stuff like voting. I was a mod on there but they wouldn't let me touch the command blocks. I thought I could do better and started working on sethome, warps and a TPA system. It was never for players to use command blocks and redstone, it was to test the creations I made.

18. now for the big question: what was the biggest "aha" moment you had where something just clicked for you in doing your command block coding for craftymynes... and have you ever accidentally included a typo in one of the messages/books you can call upon from command block magic via chat or button

19. @ardoasms what was the biggest "aha" moment you had where something just clicked for you in doing your command block coding for craftymynes

I was lying in bed attempting to go to sleep when I came up with the idea to make a system that could protect any area I wanted with any sort of selection (dx,r,tag) basically allowing spawn protection anywhere, or even making plots. I got up and spent the night working on it. I have a lot more "aha" moments when it comes to real coding, as far as the command blocks of this server are concerned, they are not super complicated.

@ardoasms have you ever accidentally included a typo in one of the messages/books you can call upon from command block magic via chat or button

All the time, a few days ago I was attempting to add a ServerPlz message for CraftyCrates and it took me like 5 tries.

20. Are you a Minecraft PVPer?

21. @_lilbezi_ Are you a Minecraft PVPer?

I used to be a huge PVPer, I was quite good, I don't pvp much anymore.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!