Partial Server Reset!

1. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by Blackened_Dawn

Partial Server Reset!

As you may know, Minecraft 1.12 was just released. With this update comes many new blocks and places to find. In order to make it easier for players to find the new blocks and reduce stress on the file system (we recently just hit over 175gb of map data), we have decided to do a partial server reset!

All map data older than 60 days will be deleted allowing it to regenerate. This means any areas or bases that you have been to in the last 60 days will not be touched. If you want to keep something, make sure you have visited the area around it within 60 days. Only areas older than 60 days will be reset. The area around spawn up to 5k will be completely reset, if you have anything in that area it will be removed. Player data files old than 60 days will also be deleted. This means, if you haven't been on the server in the last 60 days, you will lose your home, inventory, stats and enderchest. Be sure to load up your player to not lose anything. I will be keeping the files for some time after just in case you lost something you wanted to keep.

This partial reset will be taking place June 19th 22nd.

- Crafty

2. so we just have to load chunks we wanna keep (i.e. our bases) and they will be protected?

3. R.I.P all inactive people's bases.

4. Will this mean that some places will just be voids?

5. When you go in a chunk 5 around you are loaded. Will they be shown as up to date? or just the ones you enter?

6. Also is this just the overworld?

7. I guess I'll have to come back from my break to load my base :P

8. ehh I don't really like these partial resets because it removes inactive bases that could later be found by people out looking for raids.

9. As long as you get within a few chunks of the things you want to keep, they won't get reset. When the chunks get deleted, they will become regenerated from the same seed. All dimensions will be reset the same way, however, the end will not be cleared up to 5k.

10. It's impressive that you have managed too make this work, much better than a full map reset and it helps keep down the size of the server files.
    Good job.

11. @_Drachenzorn_ come on!!

12. So now I gotta unban my ass to just get that shit done. Many xD

13. Deleted 6 years ago by sparklez_and_pop
  14. welp forget about raiding for a while cuz most active bases are hidden really well, and are far out.

15. Edited 6 years ago by Valgys

Is it safe to assume that the 5 chunk loading distance applies when we run through our base?

*edited - horrible grammar I was in a hurry this morning.

16. Wow.

17. @darktyui ehh I don't really like these partial resets because it removes inactive bases that could later be found by people out looking for raids.

Better get looking then

18. @Valgys Is it safe to assume that the 5 chunk loading distance applies when we run through our base?

*edited - horrible grammar I was in a hurry this morning.

Yes, if you lose something in your base, let me know and I will restore it.

19. This seems like a very well thought out plan to minimize casualties so to speak, and try to meet everyone's needs and expectations equally , just curious did you send out a email to let everyone know ?

20. @2Chill This seems like a very well thought out plan to minimize casualties so to speak, and try to meet everyone's needs and expectations equally , just curious did you send out a email to let everyone know ?

Pretty much all emails go to spam, I might do it though.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!