Why do you play Minecraft ?

1. 6 years ago

I'm interested why everyone plays Minecraft, instead of other availible videogames, or even why spend a lot of your time on videogames. I do it because I really enjoy spending some time with this community, why do you?

2. I play minecraft because i like the unpredictability and freedom the game provides

3. minesy

24 Oct 2017 Suspended

It's the only game on my computer :P

4. I play it because it gives me opportunities to let my imagination free. It is a great social place and definitely one of the best games I have played ever. Even though if I told my friends at school that I played it they would just laugh as they are into Supreme stickers and like the latest shoes.

I am really interested why other people play this game. Good idea @alarmgv12 !

5. I play minecraft because it’s a really well done game that offers many opportunities, from building stuff in creative to the challenge of building giant projects in a survival world, to PVP, to mini games and server.
    But for me, it goes way further than that, I learned Java to be able to mod and create plugins.
    I also like to create texture packs and maps so I decided to join some projects such as Optifine or PackPainters.

6. It's rewarding, you can do whatever you want, and 2 years ago I learned it was unblocked at my school.

7. No end game, no "winning". So many gamemodes, and 99% of them were made by the community.

8. Maximum creativity

9. I started because my son bought the PS version for my birthday, but i soon got bored with single player and turned to the PC version because i like the controls better and it was easier to join a server.

I tried a couple of other servers but found non griefing servers dull and then joined Craftymynes and havent looked back. I love the opportunities to build cooperatively and to make friends all round the world.

10. i love survival games and progressing in them is fun, and when i've already progressed enough i just mine and hoard which is satisfying to me

11. All of the above. Creativity, discovery, danger, humor, vigilance, loss, gain, options.

12. Because it's fun. I don't need any more reason than that lol

13. Because I love open world sandbox, and you can't get any closer to manipulating your entire environment than this. It's also really relaxing when you can focus on building something for hours at a time.

14. It tends to act like a escape for me and a huge stress reliver. Also I have made friends on the server and enjoy there company.

15. Because I can identify with the blocky forms of Steve, Alex, and the mobs in the game.

16. Edited 6 years ago by Family_Tuber

It's the game that never stops. It's constantly growing and evolving! I like MC as its something you can play to take your imagination and make anything. Its something I can play with my family and cousins as everyone understands how to play and everyone has their own unique style. Its different everytime you play. Plus, just recently its let me meet all the amazing people in this community and make friendships I would of never made otherwise. In short, Minecraft is a game that lets me tell stories, experience a never ending place of imagination, and form connections I would of never imagined.

17. Played it for 5 1/2 years and had gotten bored, just get on to chat with friends nowadays

18. I originally started playing the game around the end of 1.7 and right before 1.8 was the current version (Around the End of 2013. I had heard about it from friends, and seen some videos about the game. I have enjoyed this game a lot for its relatively simplistic, but also complex nature. Only over the past year have I started playing in multiplayer, since the singleplayer experience lost most of the magic it once did. I've now learned that multiplayer and singleplayer are drastically different, and I love the unique experience the latter brings to the table, being able to play the game in a whole new light than a good portion of those who stick to purely singleplayer. And also the fact you can share ideas and strategies with other players to better the experience also adds another layer of depth to the equation. Another reason why I decided to stick around was a square box I discovered a month into playing the game in creative underground with a bed and a chest with all the music discs. which fit into one of those "urban legends" of the game. Alas that world is long gone, but it left me looking for a better explanation of what happened in that world then, and seeing what else lays in store to bring answers to something like it.

19. I play Minecraft because it is hard to get bored while playing a game with so many possibilities, and there is no real objective so you can do whatever you want.

20. It doesn't have a GUI with everything in the whole wide world on it

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!