A new player classification, probation

1. ‹ Older
  2. 4 years ago

Ok cool I understand. this is exactly why i don't apply to be staff. i am far too trusting.

3. Edited 4 years ago by FieryPhoenix64

What about the ban appeals where the person got banned 5 years ago, deleted the hack and have completely changed as a person?

4. @FieryPhoenix64 What about the ban appeals where the person got banned 5 years ago, deleted the hack and have completely changed as a person?

If those people really want to play they can come back on an alt account

5. Also I would say as an experienced minecrafter that most people who feel its ok to hack or break the rules usually cannot fight the temptation to go back to there ways. Whats worse is they usually are careful now and wait till midnight to hack when staff aren’t on. I know of 2 people off the top of my head who did come back on cm and they only lasted a couple weeks before hacking or breaking rules and grtting banned again.

6. The vast majority of servers do not allow hacked clients. The onus is on the player to make sure their mod is allowed. Whilst i have sympathy with humf's idea, the reality is that you don't load a modded client with no intention to use it.

7. he deleted it

8. Staff's job is to moderate, not babysit. Honestly would be a huge waste of their time to watch someone constantly.

9. Edited 4 years ago by Zaper8

Perhaps a temporary ban for the first offence, maybe 3-6 months depending on the offence, and when they come back they will have a Yellow name tag and a [Probation] tag. Getting banned while having the Probation tag would lead to a permanent ban.

I do agree that permanently banning players for there first offence if kind of harsh, but I don't think that the staff should have to check up on them constantly.

The Probation tag is more of a "this player has committed a previous crime" then a "this player is being constantly monitored by staff"
    Buying a rank could however remove this tag... just an idea though.

10. I don't think a 'yellow name of shame' would be helpful, and buying a rank to get let off would never be countenanced.

11. @Tez1010 I don't think a 'yellow name of shame' would be helpful, and buying a rank to get let off would never be countenanced.

Fair enough

12. @Tez1010 I don't think a 'yellow name of shame' would be helpful, and buying a rank to get let off would never be countenanced.

The rank would be a designation of " caution" to other players, an easily identifiable "flag" of a probationary player to watch and also a way for the server to limit the warps to 1. It would cost the player zero and be aasigned by admins/owner. However these are all moot points as the idea seems clearly a No by staff. However Ido like a good discussion and hopefully something positive can come from all this.

13. imagine hacking in a lego video game
    that thought alone should be enough to keep hackers banned forever

14. It's a nice idea, and an optimistic one at that, to have towards these kinds of players. We'd love it for bad players like that to turn good, it would make the game more fun for everyone. But sadly, that's just not how it seems to go. If a player who hacked truly wants to come back and play legit, they can buy another account. There are a number of players who have taken this route and are good and honest people on the server now. I often see it as a hacker doesn't care about consequences in game, especially if they get unbanned. Having to buy a new account, that's a real world consequence, something that might get through to them that what they're doing is wrong.

15. I do think having a second "default" rank would be nice though.

how mods watch players some times, maybe a second default rank that a person gets after the first visit by a mod, that has seen their mining tunnels and is sorta certain that the new player is not a hacker.

because sometimes i sell god tools to players who i have never seen before and i am not sure how they got so many diamonds so fast. It would make me feel more comfortable trading; if i had an inkling that the mods verified the new players diamonds to be at least semi legit.

instead of just guessing if the new players diamonds are legit and then if i get too concerned i just stop trading with that player.

but i guess this would give away quickly who the mods have visited and maybe that is meant to be a secret :)

16. Same here, I sometimes get orders from players that have incredible amounts of diamonds in very short periods of time. I don't think it's worth reporting these players but sometimes I'm just baffled at 300 diamond orders when the player has a couple hundred thousand ticks...

17. @bgmg Same here, I sometimes get orders from players that have incredible amounts of diamonds in very short periods of time. I don't think it's worth reporting these players but sometimes I'm just baffled at 300 diamond orders when the player has a couple hundred thousand ticks...

You mean like the time I placed an order worth 2 stacks and 55 dias?

18. No you've been around for a while - I'm talking about very very new players that pop on and order god armor and tools

19. @Jkeller4000 I do think having a second "default" rank would be nice though.

how mods watch players some times, maybe a second default rank that a person gets after the first visit by a mod, that has seen their mining tunnels and is sorta certain that the new player is not a hacker.

because sometimes i sell god tools to players who i have never seen before and i am not sure how they got so many diamonds so fast. It would make me feel more comfortable trading; if i had an inkling that the mods verified the new players diamonds to be at least semi legit.

instead of just guessing if the new players diamonds are legit and then if i get too concerned i just stop trading with that player.

but i guess this would give away quickly who the mods have visited and maybe that is meant to be a secret :)

The issue with this is that some cheaters aren't cheating all the time specially the sneaky ones that know some of the staff and avoid it when on, we've caught long standing players that seemed good people and ended up getting caught cheating when they didn't expect it.

20. Edited 4 years ago by CraftyMyner
    • **Mines Legit***
    • **Gets Special Rank***
    • **X-Rays when no one expects it***

***Profit?***

21. I give you one like!

or Sign Up to reply!