1. ‹ Older
  2. 4 years ago

@JSlone What exactly is the cheat or exploit in rain? oh and is that a no on the scroll? ;P

No on rain, looking into ways to bring rain/storm like effects without enabling weather. Hopefully we can make creepers without turning weather on.

3. I mean it would be kinda fun to have an arena, not large, maybe 500x500 where you could turn weather and mob spawn on. Like the parkour area. Could put it outside the 100k border so "too intelligent" folk don't portal in.
    Might as well make it PvP enabled to make it interesting? (Just a side thought)
    (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞

4. @Aeristacho I mean it would be kinda fun to have an arena, not large, maybe 500x500 where you could turn weather and mob spawn on. Like the parkour area. Could put it outside the 100k border so "too intelligent" folk don't portal in.
    Might as well make it PvP enabled to make it interesting? (Just a side thought)
    (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞

You cant turn on weather for a specific are its either all or nothing.

5. Not even with cmd blocks or something? Haven't ever really gotten around to looking into em so it was just a thought. Shame then.

6. Argh, something nasty has been let loose in the random tp area.

Ok so we dont have weather but some charged creepers can be found in the random tp area available for all to find.

Have fun finding them and building mob head farms.

Tez

7. that'd be so awesome crafty ;_;

8. how about an arena that mobs can spawn in that periodically "summons a lighting" within its radius in a random / sudo-random area within it

9. I was just thinking of running a command that randomly selects a creeper to hit with lightning with the same chance as thunderstorms.

10. ^ seems to be the most efficient solution.

11. I guess that could work

12. With a mighty crack of the skies, Lord Crafty strikes Creeper with a powerful lightning bolt! Act quick, there might be one near you!

Charged creepers now spawn randomly!

13. @CraftyMyner

With a mighty crack of the skies, Lord Crafty strikes Creeper with a powerful lightning bolt! Act quick, there might be one near you!

Charged creepers now spawn randomly!

Do the creepers need an open sky to be struck?

14. @PapaNeon Do the creepers need an open sky to be struck?

Nope, its a summon to avoid the weather glitchers.

15. @CraftyMyner Nope, its a summon to avoid the weather glitchers.

EPIC

16. I just want to thank you again Crafty for going so far into this post as to add a new command on the server. I really appreciate it and i really hope the chances of finding these creepers aren't too low. Need that head.... XP You're the best!

17. Thor absolutely DESTROYED by GOD CRAFTY himself at less than 0.001% power! Rejoice, as these Thor worshipping kids will finally fade away and CraftyMynes can enjoy charged creepers again!

18. out of curiosity how far out can these creepers be lightninged? is it only within a certain range or server wide?

19. @1Lysander out of curiosity how far out can these creepers be lightninged? is it only within a certain range or server wide?

All over the world.

20. Edited 4 years ago by XenialJesse

Crafty, you mentioned no particles earlier. Why no particles? Just for low-spec performance?

Also, is it possible to allow only rain but never thunderstorms? It would still prevent skele horses and such, but at least tridents could be used properly.

21. @Xenial_Jesse Crafty, you mentioned no particles earlier. Why no particles? Just for low-spec performance?

Also, is it possible to allow only rain but never thunderstorms? It would still prevent skele horses and such, but at least tridents could be used properly.

We would have to manually make our own weather patterns, thunderstorms are what people were exploiting. There's no particles because there is not actual rain, just a way to spawn charged creepers.

or Sign Up to reply!