CraftyMynes Owner AMA

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

@CodyJProductions Any exciting nicknames us lowly players have for you that you are especially fond of (or hate)?

I don't really mind what people call me, Big Cheese is pretty cool ;)

3. Have you ever been abroad?

4. he said hes been to mexico

5. @HaloNest Have you ever been abroad?

Cabo, France, San-Fran, Yellow Knife, Quebec, and a few other places.

6. What other languages do you speak?
    What's your prediction on people leaving Earth to Terra-form another planet?

7. he speaks a tiny bit of spanish, in the future please check previoius asked questions

8. yet @CraftyMyner never visited me :(

9. @KatcheD What's your prediction on people leaving Earth to Terra-form another planet?

Mars might get an outpost/base but right now stuff is just too far.

10. Would you ever do a reddit AMA? Or have you?

11. @CodyJProductions Would you ever do a reddit AMA? Or have you?

Wut, why reddit?

12. @CraftyMyner Wut, why reddit?

Why not :D

13. I have a few questions:

1. How long did it take you, approximately to get the first version of craftymynes out?
    2. Is there any old players you wish would come back and play?
    3. Why are the donation ranks named 'VIP' and 'VIP+', Why not something custom like 'CraftyKing' and 'CraftyKing+'?
  14. Edited 7 years ago by Chilled_Chaos

Man I'm on holidays at Turkey right now and for some shitty reason the Turkish government won't let me visit imgur and everyone, and I mean EVERYONE is using dat shit XD. Whenever I try to visit the site I'm greeted with a message. When translated, it looks like this:
    The website you are trying to reach is blocked by the decision of the 1st Criminal Court of First Instance of Istanbul, dated 03.04.2015 dated 2015/1644 D. Work

So that kinda sucks lol. Also please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to complain. I'm just really curious to see what people are sending :D.

15. @Chilled__Chaos why not use a free vpn to tunnel out to a country that can?

16. @iclutchHD why don't I what the what?

17. 1. What was the longest downtime the server has had at once, how long and why was the cause (This answer could actually vary since, you know there's a problem right now.

2. Is Crafty the only one fixing the problem right now because you guys are talking like it.

3. I would just like to say, CraftyMyner, thank you so much for doing all this for the sake of the server. This must be some very frustrating and tiresome work. Don't forget to at least have a very short break so your back doesn't get all numb. And also thanks to all the staff aswell. Good Luck on fixing the server! :)

18. @JustJams How long did it take you, approximately to get the first version of craftymynes out?

2 days but it was a complete mess, I took a few more days to fix some of the issues and released again. I am always working on it, there is no "versions".

@JustJams Is there any old players you wish would come back and play?

There is quite a few players that spent a lot of time on teamspeak that I wish could come back.

@JustJams Why are the donation ranks named 'VIP' and 'VIP+', Why not something custom like 'CraftyKing' and 'CraftyKing+'?

It was the first thing I did, its easy to say, easy to write places (like chat, progames, and signs) and it's very self explaintory. I might change it at some point, like I did with CraftyCoins -> CraftyCredit.

19. @Chilled__Chaos 1. What was the longest downtime the server has had at once, how long and why was the cause (This answer could actually vary since, you know there's a problem right now.

I think the longest downtime was when our previous provider's network took a shit and we were down for like 4 days.

@Chilled__Chaos 2. Is Crafty the only one fixing the problem right now because you guys are talking like it.

It's kinda all my fault regarding the rollback's and stuff and I'm the only one who can and is fixing it. "We" (the staff of CraftyMynes) refer to each other as "we".

@Chilled__Chaos 3. I would just like to say, CraftyMyner, thank you so much for doing all this for the sake of the server. This must be some very frustrating and tiresome work. Don't forget to at least have a very short break so your back doesn't get all numb. And also thanks to all the staff aswell. Good Luck on fixing the server! :)

Thanks! It was very stressful not being able to do anything as I was only on my phone when this was all happening (using ssh from your phone is not easy, especially when you don't have data). When I got home, most of the time was waiting for the map to transfer from the backup server to the main server.

20. Google VPN @Chilled__Chaos , they can be handy at times

21. Hi Crafty, i have been trying to get my head round command blocks. Slowly but surely i am getting there. In doing so i came across fill clocks which provide a very high speed tick and allow you to run a lot of command blocks quickly and in the order you specify.

I am curious to know whether you use this or the similar setblock clock on CraftyMynes and why you do or dont use them.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!