Harvestar's Flamingo Scavenger Hunt

1. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by Cileklim

-image-

Welcome everyone! First of all, thank you for voting us as the most approved faction. We decided to repay the favor with a server wide event that will probably be remembered as one of the best events in the history of CM. We are thrilled to announce The Flamingo Scavenger Hunt!

We have placed approximately 200 flamingos around spawn. They can be found at as far as 15k. Each flamingo has a chest hidden in or around it. And inside these chests are... God swords, god helmets, enchanted books, rare blocks... you name it!

Along with these small prizes, we decided to award those that find the most flamingos

1st Prize: God set, God apple, God elytra, 3 Shulker boxes, Beacon, Snow Golem egg
    2nd Prize: God elytra, Beacon, 2 Shulker boxes, 20 Diamond blocks, God sword
    3rd Prize: God elytra, 1 Shulker box, 10 Diamond blocks
    Consolation Prize: 5 Diamond blocks

-So how do I participate?

-Simple! When you find a flamingo, stand on top of it, screenshot the coords and pm it to me through forum. You can destroy the flamingo afterwards to prevent others from claiming it before you. Do not try to build your own flamingo to trick us as you will be disqualified immediately.

-How will I know when I find a flamingo?

-Simple! Here is what a flamingo looks like:

-image-

-When will this event end?

-Harvestar's Flamingo Scavenger Hunt will end in January 18, 2018. 10:00AM GMT. You have 3 days to find them all! We will reveal small hints about the location of flamingos in the next 3 days so stay tuned and keep checking this thread!

-After the end of this event, we will do a giveaway for those that want to build their own flamingos!

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Let the hunt begin.

Hint #1

The habitat for Flamingos is very diverse and they live in more places than many people realize. They tend to like it where the temperatures are warm, but they seem to do well in colder climates too. As long as they have room to roam and plenty off food they are content in any environment. This type of amazing adaptation is why the Flamingos have been able to survive for millions of years and are still going strong.

Hint #2

Why do flamingos stand on one leg?

One prior explanation for the mystery of why flamingos stand on one leg is that it conserved body heat, as doing so places one less leg in the cool water where they feed.

Hint #3

Why are flamingos pink?

Flamingos embody the saying "you are what you eat." The pink and reddish colors of a flamingo's feathers come from eating pigments found in algae and invertebrates such as shrimps.

A flamingo seems to have a way different diet than others because its feathers are blue. It was last spotted in around 4000/-7800. Bird spotters seem to be rushing to the spot to take a picture of it before it goes away! It will probably be gone in 2 hours.

Hint #4

Lots of flamingos can be found in 5k radius of spawn!

Hint #5

Where does the word "flamingo" come from?

The word "flamingo" comes from the spain and latin word "flamenco" which means fire, and it refers to the bright colour of the bird's feathers.

These flamingos are lit! 3 Fire flamingos have been spotted near 4800/6000, 5000/-6000 and -6000/-2000. Bird spotters suggest that they will be gone in 2 hours! Good luck, hunters.

Hint #6

Ultra-Rare Black Flamingo Spotted in Cyprus

For one flamingo in Cyprus, black is the new pink.

The bird’s unusual plumage comes from a genetic condition called melanism, which causes excessive pigment to darken feathers. It’s occasionally seen in hawks and ducks, but has only been observed in a greater flamingo once before, in a bird filmed in Israel in 2013.

Seems like this rare bird migrated to CM as it was spotted in around 12000/9000. Bird spotters suggest that this flamingo might have a little bit better loot than the rest!

Hint #7

Flamingo chicks are born with grey and white feathers. They do not turn pink for a year or two. Their beaks are straight, and begin to curve as they grow and mature.

A mother flamingo with her chicks has been spotted! Bird spotters couldn't get near them as the mother was very protective of her childs. They were last seen in X: -10000 Y: ?

The hunter to find these flamingos will get triple the loot and will get to claim 3 flamingos at once! Good luck, hunters. This time, you will need it.

2. Congrats to @russiangirl504 for finding the first flamingo! Send the coords of it to me before someone else claims it!

3. Wow fast

4. Love this idea! Good luck everyone!

5. damn it :/ my mouse broke and i need a new one and i wont be getting one soon :(

6. To avoid confusion, russiangirl504 found the first one but there are still 199 flamingos waiting to be found!

7. -image-

Birb doodle to celebrate the flamingo party

8. bootyful

9. Edited 6 years ago by TimmyBoyT

-image-
    8 GB and 8 Ghast Tears among other goodies =)

10. congrats timmy hope you had fun, good hunting to all. I have extra flamingo kits so after the hunt is over and you want a few flamingos of your own just ask they are free to all.

11. seems like a fun event I look forward to more in the future

12. https://picload.org/view/ddlppocw/2018-01-14_15.03.38.png.html
    o/

13. This is really cool! Hope this starts a trend and more events like these happen in the future! ^^

14. 169 Flamingos left!

15. -image-

Coordinates: -5923/68/-6689

16. Edited 6 years ago by Cileklim

Hint time!

The habitat for Flamingos is very diverse and they live in more places than many people realize. They tend to like it where the temperatures are warm, but they seem to do well in colder climates too. As long as they have room to roam and plenty off food they are content in any environment. This type of amazing adaptation is why the Flamingos have been able to survive for millions of years and are still going strong.

17. Edited 6 years ago by sirchristopher10

https://imgur.com/a/Fagsa

18. Edited 6 years ago by popu037

-image-

-image-

19. @popu037 -image-

-image-

Wow the water...

20. Deleted 6 years ago by Count_Von_Karma
  21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!