The Rig Thread

1. 5 years ago

Heres the rig that i am usually using. the first computer i have built that is watercooled, so i went all out on it, grabbing everything that was the best to put in it... its about 6 months old
    My Rig
    Its overkill, anything i throw at it is always maxed out on graphics settings

I'm usually using 2 32" curved screens. & sometimes im playing thru the tv, which is a whopping 82" everything on it looks awesome, especially minecraft! :P

-image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-

And yours??! :D

2. what the FUCK that's the coolest thing i've ever seen

3. I have a laptop, Logitech gaming mouse, walmart headphones and a Blue Snowball. Don't @ me.

4. @Th3GreenGamer me too m8, me too

5. I use a college laptop -_-

6. Edited 5 years ago by Fingerbib

my keyboard lights up red

7. Edited 5 years ago by j____a____r____d

Laptop with GTX 1050, modded Zowie EC2-A with a DIY paracord cable, free gliding mouse wheel and Hyperglide skates; 2014 Razer Blackwidow (I'm looking to build a custom Keebio Levinson to replace it though for portability reasons), some $50 Japanese earbuds that are really damn good and a Samson Meteor.

In other words, it's a "typical" budget gaming setup.

8. I've been planning my current rig with @BaronBattleBread for months, buying only when the parts where on sale. He came over for a week in July and he set it up... I totally helped, I was holding the flashlight, and taking pictures!

-image-
    -image-
    -image-

Everything was great until we tested the monitor/tv.. only took him 45 mins to figure out he never plugged in the CPU hahahaa

-image-

GeForce GTX 1050 TI, 16 GB ram, AMD FX 3.5GHz 6-core processor

All credits to baron, I only bought like 90% of the stuff.

9. Edited 5 years ago by BaronBattleBread

In my defense, id thought i had. There were no beeps XD
    Also, ignore the wires pls, it was all nice and neat until I had to tear it apart to find the issue :P

On a side note, I'll post my rig when I get home in a few hours. It's not shiny anymore but dam does it still run

10. Mine is an elderly but pretty good laptop but a new faster one is to come soon i hope...

11. @galaxyidol Thats pretty sick, you bend all that yourself?

Here is my home server setup before/after:

-image-

-image-

-image-

-image-

Not done yet, waiting on new fiber modem and proper rack, then I will clean up the rest of the cabling.

Server: Dell PowerEdge 2950 III: 10tb storage array, VMs, Plex, Networking.

Network: Unifi USG, 2x AP-AC-Pro, 2x SW-8-60w

Battery and generator-backed power.

Fully automated smart bedroom with Philips hue lighting and "alarm system" (logs entry and manages lights and temperature)

Whole house Sonos sound system.

Thought I would throw in a bit of what I do for work.

-image-

-image-

12. lol thx @Fingerbib . When anyone walks in the house, like a repairman or w.e and they see that in the living room the size of the mini fridge they just stare at it.

@CraftyMyner oh yeah, threw away a couple pieces, was a bit of a learning curve :P . Nice cable organization. all but a few devices in my house are hardwired with cat6. and my network storage caps at 8tb, just a little 4bay buffalo nas

the thing i think is the coolest about this setup, is the water-cooling on the motherboard! The mosfet vrms are under a waterblock instead of a giant heatsink like most mobo's :D (they look like capacitors around the processor area)

13. Edited 5 years ago by iDogeTwinkie

I got nothing special.

A laptop. That's about it.

Specs?

Intel Core i7 6700 HQ 2.6 GHz - it will be upgraded to a better i7.
    GeForce GTX970m - it will also be upgraded to GTX 1080
    12 GB of RAM - it will be upgraded to 32 GB or more
    Bang & Olufsen sound system accompained with Bang & Olufsen H6 headset
    128 GB SSD(14 GB left, need to fuck off some stuff off of my laptop)
    Exactly 1TB HDD of which 190 GB is all I got left.

Basically this laptop needs some serious upgrades.

I don't know what else it has, maybe the shiny red buttons? :D

14. Edited 5 years ago by humfrydog

-image-

ONLYthe best for the this Dog Rocking a Dual monitor Rig setup

I wish Mine was this nice I just got a crummy laptop

15. Picture of my computer:

-image-

16. @Th3GreenGamer Picture of my computer:

-image-

Accurate

17. @CraftyMyner @galaxyidol Thats pretty sick, you bend all that yourself?

Here is my home server setup before/after:

-image-

-image-

-image-

-image-

Not done yet, waiting on new fiber modem and proper rack, then I will clean up the rest of the cabling.

Server: Dell PowerEdge 2950 III: 10tb storage array, VMs, Plex, Networking.

Network: Unifi USG, 2x AP-AC-Pro, 2x SW-8-60w

Battery and generator-backed power.

Fully automated smart bedroom with Philips hue lighting and "alarm system" (logs entry and manages lights and temperature)

Whole house Sonos sound system.

Thought I would throw in a bit of what I do for work.

-image-

-image-

He was showing me this awhile ago and I was like dude no way you did that no way , not craftymyner the wire management (cause hes such a perfectionist with everything) then he skype video called me and showed me the after and I was like ok that's more like it .lmao p.s. don't look under his desk in his room , if I disappear after this post crafty did it!!!

18. @2Chill He was showing me this awhile ago and I was like dude no way you did that no way , not craftymyner the wire management (cause hes such a perfectionist with everything) then he skype video called me and showed me the after and I was like ok that's more like it .lmao p.s. don't look under his desk in his room , if I disappear after this post crafty did it!!!

You have revealed some explicit content sir, you shall be exiled from CM :D

or Sign Up to reply!