The Almighty Armor Thread

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by NerdieBirdieYT

@Dennari43 I use dia god armor, but instead of protection all the way, 2 pieces have protection, 1 has fire protection, and 1 has blast protection. If you never pvp, this is the optimal environmental god set I have come up with. Nice protection from lava and fire, nice safeguard against creepers, and general protection to cover the rest. They also have thorns 3 to help get rid of pesky mobs quicker and to bug people that hit me. I have indeed killed people by them hitting me with them having little to no health left. Ideally, I'd go without armor, but spending all your time in the end makes you really paranoid about endermen killing you.

Hmmm, if you'd prefer to go armorless, but are worried about emdermen, may I suggest using a texture pack that makes wearing a pumpkin on your head actually bearable? No endermen worries that way :)

3. @NerdieBirdieYT Hmmm, if you'd prefer to go armorless, but are worried about emdermen, may I suggest using a texture pack that makes wearing a pumpkin on your head actually bearable? No endermen worries that way :)

Nah I'm addicted to the high resolution sphax texture pack. And even with the armor on, I'm still paranoid XD

4. @Dennari43 Nah I'm addicted to the high resolution sphax texture pack. And even with the armor on, I'm still paranoid XD

Simple fix for that without changing a thing about your current texture pack (besides the pumpkin overlay). Apologizes if you already know this, but there are some who do not, and it's very handy! You can use multiple texture packs at the same time. For example, I have one for a custom sky, one for a clear gui, one for general usage (all blocks, items, etc), and one for randomized mob textures using Optifine.

In your case, all you'd need is a clearer pumpkin overlay texture. Put that in a pack with no other textures, throw it on top of your other one, and you have Sphax with a clear pumpkin overlay.

Alternatively, if you know how to edit textures, you could simply edit the Sphax pumpkin overlay texture yourself, and save it over the original. All of this is completely optional, of course, but if you really want to be safe without the need to wear armor, that's an easy fix. :)

5. >not making your own resource pack to customize everything to the fullest

6. Personally, I wear full iron armor, Blast Protection 1.

It helps a lot when dealing with explosives ;^)

7. @NerdieBirdieYT Alternatively, if you know how to edit textures, you could simply edit the Sphax pumpkin overlay texture yourself

Or I can do that for you, also I believe Sphax has a tweak for that already if you go on his website you should find a patch to the pumpkin head.
    P.S. remember that texture packs were used before 1.6.4 and they could only change textures, nobody uses them anymore, Resource Packs instead allow to edit sounds loot tables models and other stuff :)

8. I wear no armor for the simple reason every time i have gotten some on the server i've died less than half an hour later and lose the armor. generally to a lava pit a creeper blew me into.

9. I wear regular God armor meaning my chest plate would only have prot 4 unbreaking 3 and mending.

10. @thegoldsmith I wear no armor for the simple reason every time i have gotten some on the server i've died less than half an hour later and lose the armor. generally to a lava pit a creeper blew me into.

You know what would fix that? Fire protection and Blast protection :)
    That exact thing happened to me after a long mining trip and I lost everything, god tools and armor, except for a random wooden button I had. After that, I always have at least one thing of fire and one thing of blast protection, just so I stand a chance.

11. @Dennari43 You know what would fix that? Fire protection and Blast protection :)
    That exact thing happened to me after a long mining trip and I lost everything, god tools and armor, except for a random wooden button I had. After that, I always have at least one thing of fire and one thing of blast protection, just so I stand a chance.

prot 4 god armor works better imo, why waste your time trying to get anything else?

12. @Dennari43 You know what would fix that? Fire protection and Blast protection :)

its not just that im also clumsy nearly all my deaths are from my own building accidents like falling off a cliff, or drowning under a farm. before i set up the set home because i need to move my stuff

13. Why stick to the norm when you aren't always fighting or doing combat with others? as long as it can withstand some decent damage, and as long as you are well prepared for whatever hazards you are most succeptible to, any armor should suffice. Diamond God Armor makes a player too heavily dependent on it when they are exposed to scenarios with you being stripped down to nothing, ex. starting up a new survival world. Becoming too comfortable with something always gets the best of someone if it is too overpowering.

14. @AttackTeam Why stick to the norm when you aren't always fighting or doing combat with others? as long as it can withstand some decent damage, and as long as you are well prepared for whatever hazards you are most succeptible to, any armor should suffice. Diamond God Armor makes a player too heavily dependent on it when they are exposed to scenarios with you being stripped down to nothing, ex. starting up a new survival world. Becoming too comfortable with something always gets the best of someone if it is too overpowering.

That only happens when you aren't good at the game though, so it's not a problem for me or anyone else in team eye

15. Lego simulator

16. I wear godsets (Buy from me, today!).
    Sometimes chainmail because I like the look of it... Huh I'mma make a chainmail godset...

Anyways, I understand not wanting to lose god armour, I think it's a very reasonable position, but since I have an abundance of them I don't really mind. Plus throughout this map, I've only lost 3 godsets. 1 was to pvp, The other two were bad luck. I don't do dangerous work though. But nonetheless food for thought.

17. I kind of want to experiment with colored leather and see how that suits me o.o

18. @SharpSerac prot 4 god armor works better imo, why waste your time trying to get anything else?

I agree with this. If you have that armor, your are most likely not going to die by the environment. Also, traps for when you log will not do very much damage because your armor will take away most of the damage. Just don't use it when making an enderman grinder as I have learned.

19. i wear the god because im a clumsy fuck and jump off cliffs a lot

20. I wear semi-god iron armour... I am too poor to afford god diamond armour

21. @RockinRicky2 I wear semi-god iron armour... I am too poor to afford god diamond armour

In a week or so I can hook you up with a God set ;)

or Sign Up to reply!