Lets talk Map reset and 1.13

1. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by Blackened_Dawn

I have heard whispers of a possible map reset which include a new spawn area plus a few special features. I assume this is just Crafty being prepared for the 1.13 update along with bug fixes that are supposed to come out this December month. In the event that 1.13 breaks everything as Mojang is saying it will have you "Crafty" received a advance snapshot and do you have a plan ready to go? Even if 1.13 does not break everything will there be a map reset ? or a vote for map reset or new map? And now for all those that frea out easily let me say the following " THE SKY IS FAllING!!!! MAP RESET!!!!" or maybe its not and i just wanted to have an honest discussion of some of the stuff thats going on

2. Edited 6 years ago by Blackened_Dawn

@everyone

We've have never announced nor confirmed a reset. Like in the past, if there is one, we will make it public. If not please refrain from spreading rumors, as said before, Staff is the only one making the announce if there is one to make.

Thank you

3. Edited 6 years ago by Blackened_Dawn

You can freely discuss the new update coming out though

4. Anyways.... Mob C should have been added not Mob B!!!
    AARRG!!!!11! *Triggered*

5. water is cultured

6. I'm really excited about the water stuff! Seems like we will spend a lot of time underwater from now on

7. CRAFTYYYYY GIVE ME RESEEEEEET

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

8. The water update is 1.14, and it is unlikely we'll have a reset for 1.13 as all major changes can be implemented easily.

9. @iwarriiori The water update is 1.14, and it is unlikely we'll have a reset for 1.13 as all major changes can be implemented easily.

what he said. Water update is 2 versions away, so it'll take quite a while for it to happen anyway

10. @Sofatroll what he said. Water update is 2 versions away, so it'll take quite a while for it to happen anyway

A partial reset would be good tho

11. Edited 6 years ago by onionpaste

@HaloNest A partial reset would be good tho

No. If the update evokes a reset, it will probably not be a partial one because that messed up terrain generation and people probably don't want that to happen again.

12. Edited 6 years ago by GrandpaCarl00

1.14 isn't going to be coming out il the spring anyways, so there's still time. 1.13 shouldn't call for one as it's essentially pretty much command changes excluding the new slabs/trapdoors/and buttons

@Stone__Warrior @HaloNest

Another partial wouldn't help anything, it worsen things excluding from vanilla bugs, but simply to do one for new features would be inefficient, people would have to travel to new chunks ( which a large portion of chunks has already been loaded ) and would have to get stuff from those new chunks such as tridents if you can't craft them. Also, It'd add onto the server memory which if I'm correct, is the reason why crafty decided to do a partial reset in the first place to take away some of that memory, but in the process, generation got screwed over in the process, so I don't see how a partial reset will be a solution.

But a new map I'd totally be down for, I'm sure there's plenty of people who would want a completely new seed. Having the same seed for more than a year gets boring; myself included. It'd throw up more chances for exploring completely fresh terrain and building

13. Edited 6 years ago by HaloNest

@Stone__Warrior No. If the update evokes a reset, it will probably not be a partial one because that messed up terrain generation and people probably don't want that to happen again.

I don't give a damn about what people would like it to be, since the next updates shouldn't cause corruption and there is no other good reason (such as economic reasons) there is no need for a full reset, just an update for the unloaded chunks, the server map might be one year old, still I believe an half of it is yet to be explored.

14. okay your opinion

I was just speaking for a large part of the players that I hang out with.

15. A day before the reset have crafty give us all creative mode :P

16. @Retrochewy A day before the reset have crafty give us all creative mode :P

^

17. @Retrochewy A day before the reset have crafty give us all creative mode :P

That’s so stupid chewy guy

18. Edited 6 years ago by r4iscool1

@GrandpaCarl00 Another partial wouldn't help anything, it worsen things excluding from vanilla bugs, but simply to do one for new features would be inefficient, people would have to travel to new chunks ( which a large portion of chunks has already been loaded ) and would have to get stuff from those new chunks such as tridents if you can't craft them.

Just thought I'd point out a very small portion of the chunks have been loaded, historically back in 1.8 a map we had a lot longer chunk loading only reached like 15% If I remember correctly.
    Elytras might have skewed it a bit but we can't be looking at a huge increase.
    Theres no way we'd even get close to storing a full map.

19. @GrandpaCarl00 Even though the structure maps may be broken, that does not nececarily mean that undiscovered monuments would not contain them if they are a structure-exclusive item, it would just be harder to come by over time, like elytras, totems, and shulker boxes, but would start off in a lesser quantity than the other items, in general terms, considering the number of discovered monuments. Keep in mind this is a large hypothetical, if they are indeed an uncraftable item.

or Sign Up to reply!