CraftyMynes Owner AMA

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

One of the server facts says that 224 players got banned in May 9, 2015. Is that the number of total players banned? If not so, what happened that day?

3. @Cileklim One of the server facts says that 224 players got banned in May 9, 2015. Is that the number of total players banned? If not so, what happened that day?

On May 9th , an attempt to get Crafty's paypal happened, by a hacker that found Crafty's email password. Due to Google chrome's autofill options, the hacker was able to find the server, delete all of our backups, banned everyone on the server, including Crafty and a few administrators. Crafty was able to fix it within 5-7 hours, since he found a backup that was 2 weeks old. As a result of this, though, we had to re-ban every account that we had banned in the 2 weeks prior, hence totalling 224 bans that day.

4. ^ Also, we backup a lot more nowadays.

Also, this guy:

@CraftyMyner @argonFiles What is the worst, most absolutely toxic person you've had to deal with on the seever?

This one time I was hacked, the guy reformatted my server's hard drive, deleted my backups, dumped all my passwords, made some shit up about me and then sent me 700 euros worth of "average joe firefighter" dildos to my door with my own money and he posted on my forum with my own account saying that he would send the swat to me if I ever brought my server back up. I was able to get the server backup and running in less then a day, and get all charges reversed.

Proof: -image-

5. @CraftyMyner I think this sums it up:

" rel="nofollow external">https://forum.craftymynes.com/339-the-selfie-thread[/quote]
    oh thats cool. I might post one. ;)

6. pretty sure i'm the only staff member that hasn't posted a selfie yet

7. Post one, ven plz :P

8. Edited 7 years ago by Venetorem

that would require actually taking one (wrong thread, be me in the other xp)

9. I haven't post any too.
    Don't really wanting to post an image of myself here, a place anyone can see :P

10. Y'all said someone got banned for using a mod to get the server map. What if someone managed to map the entire server using the in-game maps?

(Wouldn't take forever, if you mapped 10,000 blocks a day you would have the whole server mapped in 40 days)

11. @_Confederacy_ good luck...

The server is 200,000 by 200,000. Giving the rather big area of 40 billion blocks.
    Mapping at 10k blocks a day would take 4 million days, or just under 11,000 years, sounds fun

On the plus side you could actually map much more than 10k blocks a day. Some rough calculations show that if you had the fastest, flashiest horse in the world ever, you could probably map the whole server in just under 200 days, assuming you didn't die of sleep deprivation, brain rot, or stinkyness from not washing.

Better get going!

12. @NutjobBob @_Confederacy_ good luck...

The server is 200,000 by 200,000. Giving the rather big area of 40 billion blocks.
    Mapping at 10k blocks a day would take 4 million days, or just under 11,000 years, sounds fun

On the plus side you could actually map much more than 10k blocks a day. Some rough calculations show that if you had the fastest, flashiest horse in the world ever, you could probably map the whole server in just under 200 days, assuming you didn't die of sleep deprivation, brain rot, or stinkyness from not washing.

Better get going!

If you did it with a few other people you could get it done quicker haha

13. @NutjobBob @_Confederacy_ good luck...

Better get going!

Oh, I kept thinking it was 400k blocks not 40 billion :/ I'm stupid

14. lol, only a few zeroes off

15. What if all the diaminds disappear D:

16. do the alts of admins and mods still have the ability to kick and ban players?

17. Who inspires you?

18. @ardoasms do the alts of admins and mods still have the ability to kick and ban players?

Some choose to OP their alts others choose to remove the temptation to cheat themselves stuff from creative. I have a few OP'ed accounts and a few non opped.

19. @Nysic Who inspires you?

With regards to the server, it was the ones ahead of me but now that I am #1, I have needed to find inspiration from other sources.

As I was thinking about this question, it kinda hit me that I don't really look up to many people. I like doing my own thing. Everyone is unique, trying to be like someone takes the uniqueness out of them and makes you redundant.

20. Crafty is awesome!! <3

21. how many alts does the person with the most alts have on this server?

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!