Yelloms' 1.13 Base

1. 5 years ago

The statue is a copy of a design by Leslawangelo (https://www.planetminecraft.com/project/lighthouse-495561/ ) because it was beautiful and way beyond what I could create.

-image-

The ring around the base was intended to look as if the water was pouring into the void but it didn't come out quite like I had hoped. I still like it, but it takes longer to build than anything else, which is why it is still under construction.

-image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-

The fog effect I first saw in a Jerracraft video. It looks so cool but is incredibly expensive and requires optifine to look best. It's also not as cool if not viewed from above, but the room it's in I made too small to see it in full effect.

-image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-

Thanks for checking out my build!

-yelloms

2. Your farms are epic. That place looks like you could fit a medium to large city inside!

I really like the strong fantasy elements of the island. All the stuff like the waterfall circle, the foggy abyss, the sea goddess and the underwater tower gives me whimsical images. Mermaids basking in the waters and pirtates docking on the beach to hide their treasure type stuff.

Its lovley.

3. looks epic

4. How big is the statue i've been looking for just such a thing

5. Thanks guys! Sknup, the statue is 56 blocks from foot to head and the base is 22 block diameter, which I think would look like a normal sized person in your base.

The schematic I used to copy it is in the comments of the link I posted. It's actually incredibly light on resources it just takes hours to get all the stairs facing the right directions.

6. this is literally amazing

7. Edited 5 years ago by Tez1010

I love this base and that statue is really spectacular.

Also the granite brick tower. That is the first build i have seen that makes the granite look great.

8. #NotEnoughDiorite

9. @BaronBattleBread

admin base tours return WHEN

10. Beautiful great job!

11. How did you make that? :D How many layers of glass blocks did you need?

@Yelloms -image-
    -image-

The fog effect I first saw in a Jerracraft video. It looks so cool but is incredibly expensive and requires optifine to look best. It's also not as cool if not viewed from above, but the room it's in I made too small to see it in full effect.

12. @iDogeTwinkie to make this effect, you'll need probably 7 layers with 1 gap between them and lights at the bottom

13. Edited 5 years ago by Yelloms

@iDogeTwinkie , Nicnicnico is right it is layered from bottom to top:

Lava
    Air
    Green Glass
    Lime Glass
    Green
    Lime
    Green
    Lime
    Lime

But of course you can do it with any color just pick the two colors close together to alternate

The room it is in is 40 x 100 which means it was 28,000 glass blocks.... cool effect, pain to build.

14. @Yelloms @iDogeTwinkie , Nicnicnico is right it is layered from bottom to top:

Lava
    Air
    Green Glass
    Lime Glass
    Green
    Lime
    Green
    Lime
    Lime

But of course you can do it with any color just pick the two colors close together to alternate

The room it is in is 40 x 100 which means it was 28,000 glass blocks.... cool effect, pain to build.

Shiiiet it seems like I got me something to do today, tomorrow and the days and years after that xD

15. Edited 5 years ago by Yelloms

I always have to much stone after a few months so I always end up making a castle. The basic design I stole from a youtuber, Grian. The rest I created myself. The interiors are done as basically as possible and I might fill them in if I find some kind of inspiration. I do like to make sure you can get all around the castle easily without eletra, so the there are lots of doors and passages.

Also, I know just how phallic it looks. I don't know if it says more about me that I always build castles I think end up looking that way, or that I always think towers have that look.

Thanks for checking it out!

-Yelloms

-image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-

16. Your original base at the top is incredible, that's a really good use of such an island. I love the application of prismarine, I can't seem to do it justice. Your hallways look great and the green bridge fog is beautiful. As for the purple castle, that's breathtaking.

17. Added some things, beginning of a village outside the castle, with shops and vendor stalls, plus a windmill on the hill. Added a large main entrance bridge and a smaller double bridge to get to the windmill. The windmill is completely copied from Grian (youtube) and the double bridge is a design taken from Jerracraft (youtube) everything else are my designs.

-image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-

Thanks for checking it out!

-yelloms

18. @Yelloms Hey man ! Is there any way to contact you privately? On discord for example.

19. Got discovered, it always happens. Whoever found it was actually pretty kind as far a greifing goes so I got some final pictures for myself. Now I'm moving on to build another base. Looks like I still need to try harder to hide my builds, but it's part of what I love about this server.

Thank you all for the comments on these builds, it makes building them and watching them burn totally worth it.

-yelloms

20. That was quick :/

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!