CraftyMynes Faction Approval Poll (Results)

1. 6 years ago

For the past month. I have had this question in my head: What does CraftyMynes think of it's own factions? While CraftyMynes isn't a faction server, it's obvious that the server structure and purpose is suitable enough conditions for factions to form, grow, and prosper. However, what factions can't control is how well they are received by the rest of the players on CraftyMynes. To find out how much CM appreciated its own factions, I created a poll on the forums that showed eight factions and asked participants to approve or disapprove each one. I also added an optional comment section for others to tell me of factions that I didn't include and also to tell me of which factions that have disbanded that shouldn't be included. What sparked the idea of making this poll was TE claiming to be the best faction on CM and me wanting to see if the rest of CM agreed. When I closed the poll, it had 30 responses. Here are the results:

-image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-

My thoughts on the results: While I had low expectations for the results, I thought that Team Eye would have the highest approval rating. They claim to be the richest, most powerful, and overall best faction on CM. They also seemed to be rather well received by the rest of CM with the exceptions of factions TE raids. However, the poll shows that 60% of all participants disagreed with TE. While it did shock me at first, it didn't take long to come up with a theory on why the approval rating was so low. Most of those that claim that TE is the best faction are TE members themselves. This makes sense since loyal TE members would endorse the faction and would want to prolong its existence for as long as possible. TE is a faction that raids other factions for power, wealth, and recognition. So it would be hard for TE to make allied relationships with other factions on CM if they are after them.
    Since TE didn't get the highest approval rating, Harvestar did instead. This is no surprise since they try to stay neutral and out of the way of any drama or other factions. Harvestar is the introverted kid that went to the same school district his entire life and stays out of drama among his peers.
    Do I really have to mention who got the lowest approval rating? I put that in as more of a joke just to see what happened. The results didn't disappoint me.

What I believe I could do better: This poll was the first one that I ever did and in half an hour. I should have looked through the forums more for existing factions and waited to see if that faction still existed. What I also don't like about this poll was me being focused on minimizing voter fraud. As I expected, TE tried to bribe others to commit fraud and make as many people vote for TE as possible by promising a giveaway if they got the highest approval rating. The reason why you couldn't see the results right after you voted was because I knew that if respondents did, factions trying to stuff the poll with fraudulent responses would be able to keep track of their progress stuffing the poll. The reason why I didn't include a neutral option was because I knew that the majority of people that were going to vote were most likely a part of another faction. I figured that the results would be super controversial and it would be easier to get a higher approval rating for a faction committing fraud if a neutral option existed since it will most likely be discarded in drama related incidents. So knowing that the neutral option was going to be less significant than the other options, it only took a few responses to cooperate with fraudsters if the neutral option existed, and how it was only going to cause more drama; I removed the neutral option while making the poll.

Will I do this again? I would like to. I used to create polls for a certain community and collect data based on what question that I wanted answered. For example, while Google+ is a huge failure and a blatant copy of Facebook, I noticed that there were users that were active on the platform. So I ran a poll in a Teenagers Community asking why they were using Google+. The most popular option was because Google+ came with their YouTube account and they needed it in order to comment on YouTube videos (this was back in 2015 when you had to have a Google+ account to use the YouTube comment section). I would like to create more polls to learn more about the CraftyMynes community. I have made my first and I want following polls to be better. Expect more polls like these in the future, but don't expect them anytime soon.

2. I have to say, these results seem a lot more accurate than I expected. I did not participate myself, nor did I advertise this to NN (many of whom don't read the forums), and with some of the issues that have been mentioned by Hijacked, I expected results to be completely skewed. However, this really does make sense to me, even if certain groups may have messed with results a bit.

As a suggestion for the future, I'd encourage this to be advertised across the server more (via in game chat, frequent reminders, Discord reminders, etc), and focus more on topics that aren't so controversial, and thus have no use to be messed with.

Again, surprising results, much better than I thought. Well done, Hijacked!

3. the reason we get a low score is cause most people on the server don't like people that pvp or grief

4. Edited 6 years ago by HaloNest

I just don't like you

5. Perhaps the better question might have been Which faction is most feared or which faction is most liked or a poll that asks the following.
    #1 which faction do you think is the best?
    #2 which faction is the most respected?
    #3 which faction is most feared?
    #4 which faction is most improved or improving?

For me each question results in a different team answer.
    for example i dont like team eye because they raided me. however i fear and respect the team. they are bad ass pvpers and are organized. so they get vote each for these 2 questions
    however i would vote nerd nation for most improved and harvester as the best or most liked.
    so considering these factors each faction has its own strength and weaknesses.

Over all i like the idea of your polling as i am interested in how things are on the server and enjoy hearing other peoples views.

6. @humfrydog Perhaps the better question might have been Which faction is most feared or which faction is most liked or a poll that asks the following.
    #1 which faction do you think is the best?
    #2 which faction is the most respected?
    #3 which faction is most feared?
    #4 which faction is most improved or improving?

For me each question results in a different team answer.
    for example i dont like team eye because they raided me. however i fear and respect the team. they are bad ass pvpers and are organized. so they get vote each for these 2 questions
    however i would vote nerd nation for most improved and harvester as the best or most liked.
    so considering these factors each faction has its own strength and weaknesses.

Over all i like the idea of your polling as i am interested in how things are on the server and enjoy hearing other peoples views.

Well said. I think this poll's question was too broad. Narrowing it down would better specify what you mean by "approval".

7. Edited 6 years ago by Sofatroll

See, meaning that I do not approve a faction does NOT necessarily mean I disapprove it.

8. 30 responses is not an appropriate sample size to determine approval ratings. The results are not accurate for any and all factions involved and should be disregarded

9. @SharpSerac 30 responses is not an appropriate sample size to determine approval ratings. The results are not accurate for any and all factions involved and should be disregarded

@SharpSerac 30 responses is not an appropriate sample size to determine approval ratings. The results are not accurate for any and all factions involved and should be disregarded

Salt cause team eye got %60 disapproval xd

10. without bias sharp isn't really wrong alot of the server isn't up for pvp and greifing it's only a select population @TimeKing297

11. @SharpSerac 30 responses is not an appropriate sample size to determine approval ratings. The results are not accurate for any and all factions involved and should be disregarded

it's fun because out of 30 people only 12 approved your faction, and 12 is more or less the number of members team eye has... so basically only TE members voted for the approval of TE

12. RIP

13. if anything this polls shows the older factions are preferred by 30 people congrats

14. I would like to join your clan because I think you cool libe greetings iLuka21

15. Edited 6 years ago by j____a____r____d

An obviously rigged poll that gave predictable results due to its fraudulent nature was used to slander factions and praise others?

What a big fuckin' surprise. I wonder if this "poll" and the maker(s) of it had an agenda.

16. @deyahruhd An obviously rigged poll that gave predictable results due to its fraudulent nature was used to slander factions and praise others?

What a big fuckin' surprise. I wonder if this "poll" and the maker(s) of it had an agenda.

Alright. Make your own poll. Prove to me that this poll that I created was "obviously rigged". Not like that's going to be the CraftyMynes equivalent of a North Korean election. It's totally going to be a fair and balanced poll with multiple factions to vote on.

17. @Hijacked96 somehow manage to get a bigger voting pool I suppose, maybe have non- anonymous voting so a bias can be detected, the only problem that there is is the voting pool and the question being loosely defined, I'd gladly help with this since it'd be an interesting insight to how the public views the factions

18. @Hijacked96 Alright. Make your own poll. Prove to me that this poll that I created was "obviously rigged". Not like that's going to be the CraftyMynes equivalent of a North Korean election. It's totally going to be a fair and balanced poll with multiple factions to vote on.

All that this poll showed was what factions players did not hate, not whether they approve of them as factions.

19. why would you hate a digital guild in a blocks game anyway

20. @Urid All that this poll showed was what factions players did not hate, not whether they approve of them as factions.

You're been on fucking point for a while, dude. Glad to see someone who can think for themselves for once.

"Here's an """""approval""""" poll that's supposed to be """""neutral""""", but let's just misconstrue the results to make some factions look good and others look terrible! Totally unbiased, agenda-free methodology here folks! HeheCx"

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!