NerdNation Update - Official Logo

1. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by NerdieBirdieYT

On April 3rd, I initiated a Logo Design Contest on NerdNation's Discord . Anyone (even people outside of the faction) were able to submit logos up until today. Each submission would be voted on, with outsiders' votes counting as one, and NN votes counting as two.

We had a good number of submissions and people trying their hand at design, and it was wonderful to see all the work people put into this. In the end, a clear winner was determined. I am proud to announce @Pimpcy as NN's logo designer! She did a fabulous job, as with her other art (you should go see the rest of her work, it's amazing). Thank you for doing such a great job on this, Pimpcy. I am extremely pleased with how this turned out.

The NerdNation logo has for far too long been a crappy logo I made when the faction started about a year ago. Now it has a design by a talented artist. I am proud to present NN's new logo!

-image-

2. It’s too complicated in my opinion, it’s super cool but I don’t feel like it would fit as the logo.
    Here’s what I think should be improved or changed:

• there’s too many colors going on , the birdo actually hurts my eyes if I stare at it.
    • the font is meh, it’s plane and too different from the bird.

In my humble opinion, that’s it.

3. I like the egg

4. Perhaps make something that doesnt have such a spectrum of colors, as Halo said, its a bit painful to the eyes really. You could also try and make a bit more interesting banner design and not only a logo aswell. (Ik you have the one with the bird face but that ones a bit plain if u ask me).

5. dude that looks so cool?! i love it i love it i love it

6. Edited 6 years ago by Abbasilol

I expected somethin more Nerdish, but its good, and i agree with @HaloNest, its so bright :D

7. Thanks everyone for your feedback (: I'm not sure if Pimpcy plans to update it, but I know we at NN love it as-is, so either way I'm super happy with it!

8. @NerdieBirdieYT I could try and patch it, if you want.

9. The logo is cool the colors are kinda weird though like a anaglyph 3d picture

10. For an emblem that's a great image, but as a logo, not so much. An emblem can be emblazoned and grandiose, but a logo should be simple. A good logo should not have more than three or four colors, as well as being easily recreated from memory.

Also, the bright colors with the thin white strokes cam cause optical illusions like fuzzy/shifting lines, thus creating prolonged viewing to cause eye strain.

Another suggestion I have us about the font. It almost feels lack-luster compared to the vibrant and detailed bird. Ignoring the right "N" the emblem is symmetrical.

My suggestions are to change the stroke color to a blue that's the same color as the N's, reduce the colors used from nine to four (remove separate shading colors, pull existing colors into the stroke), darken the colors slightly (still bright, just not neon bright), simplify the design to where most people could reproduce it from memory, and mirror the second N (if you wish to continue using it).

I hope this comes across as constructive, and not me tearing apart a great emblem. Props to Pimpcy for creating this fantastic drawing, i just dont think it works as a logo.

11. Too complex

12. Deleted 6 years ago by Pimpcy
  13. Edited 6 years ago by Pimpcy

Sorry I'm half awake and a bit spacey and kinda skimmed through it all but I can try to explain it's purpose a bit more?
    This is a logo that can be easily adjusted to whatever it can be needed for. But the image Nerdie displayed was simply the discord version of the logo, discord Icons are these tiny bubbles and I wanted to try and make it a bit simple yet still be able to stand out that's why it's so bright with the chromatic effect on it. And that's what the contest was about It's not a business logo it's a symbol for their faction.

-image-

14. It might just be cause I already new it was Pimpcy's design when I saw it, but it's got a strong Triforce vibe to it.

15. You're right! It really does have that special feel and I absolutely love it. It works great as a discord logo.

16. @Dennari43 It might just be cause I already new it was Pimpcy's design when I saw it, but it's got a strong Triforce vibe to it.

Dang it @Family_Tuber she's onto us...

17. I can take criticism when needed I really don't mind it I just felt people were misunderstanding it's purpose a bit and wanted to clarify. Everyone in the faction including the owner loved it and that's what matters the most to me. I did a similar CraftyMynes Logo design way back With the same chromatic effect and everyone loved it so I figured It would of been the same in a way. Thanks for choosing mine though Nerdnation <3
    And for those logo critics I'll read more up on those after I'm done mailing a package i'm kinda all over the place this morning but thanks for giving those tips.

18. Oh shoot @NerdieBirdieYT they can't possibly know we're the sages of the triforce! O.o

19. @NerdieBirdieYT You should also show the logos that didn't get chosen. Because some of those were pretty cool despite them not winning.

20. Edited 6 years ago by Th3GreenGamer

Meh, I think it's very well made. The lack of pupils are spooky though I think it fits. People are criticizing the amount of complexity, but it depends if she was going for that amount of simplicity. If she wasn't, then I can't criticize much.

Only thing I would say is remove the anaglyph, it's a little straining, and the use of white for the lines makes is seem a tad bright. I wouldn't darken the picture, just change the line work.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!