Greifing is so sad!

1. 4 years ago

Does anyone feel the five stages of greif when they get greifed?

I love the denial stage. It was a small greif, it was Not too bad. I can rebuild!

I love the anger stage. I will greif them back! I will cause them harm! I will raid them!

I love the depression stage. I am never goign to play minecraft again i quit! I am going to be a nomad; a recluse!

Bargaining! If i build a huge base then they will not greif me again! If i build out of obsidian, then they will not greif me again! I will not hurt you if you give me back my beacons!

Acceptance! Greifing is apart of the game you win some you lose some just having fun is what is important!

Every time i get greifed I think of the stages and wonder which one i am currently in, I was angry at someone who username was blue_something :( i feel bad because i was too mean to them and they left :(

I stopped playing minecraft for a bit because i just am kinda in the depression. and decided playign with the seebeck effect irl would be more interesting. but then while walking someone got mad at me for pushing the walk button on the light and crossing the street when the walk sign was on soi guess irl is too full of greifers for me too!

But i will try to fak the acceptance stge until i get there! It is just a game! the goal of a game is to enjoy my time! And that is what i will do enjoy playing!

So do you also try to pay attention to what stage of greif you are in when you get greifed?

2. This should be named: “The Five Stages of Griefed”

Anyways, when my base got griefed on late 1.12.2 I kinda went into detective mode trying to figure out who it was. I mean eventually I narrowed it down and found out who it was, but there wasn’t enough proof of hacking to ban so I just let it go after a while. Won’t be giving any details of course about who it was. I kinda skipped through every stage but anger and acceptance.

3. You know the trick with a bunch of TNT around your base?
    Connect that shit with redstone, with some buttons and you got yourself defenses.
    If your base will be fucked up, it's gonna be TNT's fault. :D
    At least like this they won't have anything to destroy.

4. @Jkeller4000 Does anyone feel the five stages of greif when they get greifed?

I love the denial stage. It was a small greif, it was Not too bad. I can rebuild!

I love the anger stage. I will greif them back! I will cause them harm! I will raid them!

I love the depression stage. I am never goign to play minecraft again i quit! I am going to be a nomad; a recluse!

Bargaining! If i build a huge base then they will not greif me again! If i build out of obsidian, then they will not greif me again! I will not hurt you if you give me back my beacons!

Acceptance! Greifing is apart of the game you win some you lose some just having fun is what is important!

Every time i get greifed I think of the stages and wonder which one i am currently in, I was angry at someone who username was blue_something :( i feel bad because i was too mean to them and they left :(

I stopped playing minecraft for a bit because i just am kinda in the depression. and decided playign with the seebeck effect irl would be more interesting. but then while walking someone got mad at me for pushing the walk button on the light and crossing the street when the walk sign was on soi guess irl is too full of greifers for me too!

But i will try to fak the acceptance stge until i get there! It is just a game! the goal of a game is to enjoy my time! And that is what i will do enjoy playing!

So do you also try to pay attention to what stage of greif you are in when you get greifed?

I get stuck in the anger stage, I understand griefing is a part of the server and if bases are found or leaked in game it's within the rules. Recently we have had a string of bases griefed from people using a new exploit which we are working on preventing.

Griefing through exploits is unacceptable and at this moment we have handed out 60+ bans in the last 7 days because of this. All of the IPs associated with the accounts along with alt accounts have been banned as well.

I'm not sure which category you fall into, if your base was found through legit means or from this new exploit. Feel free to message me your story and I will see what can be done.

For everyone else we are doing our best to keep you all safe from this, to anyone thinking of using this exploit you will be caught and IP banned.

We are taking this very seriously and Crafty is working hard on solving the problems created by Mojang.

Nysic

5. Dang that's a lot of Bans. People must know the CM is in a bad state and so they decide to take advantage. Well, hopefully we all find a solution to this big mess.

6. Here i am in my own little corner; just trying to have a little fun, using what i learned from my therapist.

and i find out there is a huge scandal, with haxxors (it looks so cool spelled this way) :)

@Nysic I appreciate that you continue to work hard to keep this a fair place to play!

7. if theyre hitting us this hard, imagine what theyre doing to little servers that have no Crafty ;-;

8. Edited 4 years ago by XenialJesse

Wow, that's a lot of bans in a week.

My base village got absolutely flattened last night.

-image-

There's something like 10 pieces of ground dirt left in the whole town; literally every block inside its perimeter fence got blown up.

I'm not too devo; Nysic had only recently warned me that he'd caught some cheaters very close to it so I was already in the frame of mind to leave, and had done the main preparations. My good stuff is safe. Lost a few hundred enchants though hehe.

I *had* to start a new village anyway; this one was so hard to work with (as anyone trading with me will know after waiting 20 mins to get anything).

9. If i dosen't instruct others could you explain what exploit/thing they are doing? as in a rough overview. like a exploit in script allows easy location or lighting allows location . i am just curious so i can protect myself . this sounds intense i have been offline nearly 12 days plus so apparently i missed a lot.

10. I was griefed too. Not sure when it happened but I think it was before blueace56 got griefed. Completely wiped out but i already moved and started a smaller base. I didn’t think anything of it until i heard it was hackers that griefed him. I got stuck in the denial stage and have move on to the acceptance stage. luckily i’m friends with really nice people who helped me back up. it’s the very first time i’ve ever been griefed

11. Sad! :ok_hand:

12. We cannot disclose the ways that are being used, Just know that counters are being worked on to protect you as best we can with what mojang gave us to work with.

13. We are all upset and taking this very seriously.

or Sign Up to reply!