My thoughts on CraftyMynes and how to save it

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 months ago

Did you say lie about it? No. Timmy don’t play that.

3. Edited 7 months ago by j____a____r____d

Yes, because the actual, tangible benefits from using better software outweigh the cognitive dissonance from challenging dogmatic beliefs that otherwise just make us feel good inside.

Should I be blunt? "We are pure vanilla which is good" is textbook dogma that has plagued this server for years now. We keep seeing the negative effects of this belief over and over and over again, and yet we must continue to use Mojang's jar, because this is true and good and unquestionable. Like I said, textbook dogma.

Only like 5 or 6 remotely active players still care, and the player counts speak for itself. Keep in mind this server used to pull in 20-40 players regularly at its peak. The rest of the player base who value an actual better server experience quit years ago and will never voice their dissenting opinions here for that reason.

4. Most of the old player base quit because they grew up, left school, got jobs and generally got bored with minecraft or just simply dont have time to play.

5. 6 months ago

@Tez1010 Most of the old player base quit because they grew up, left school, got jobs and generally got bored with minecraft or just simply dont have time to play.

This ^^^

6. New blood is key and as i said before making new players welcome

7. @Tez1010 New blood is key and as i said before making new players welcome

I think something that might help is figuring out how long it takes for someone to become not a "new player". Like I've been playing at least 7 years, truly think closer to 8-9, but somehow I'm still a new player. If it's longer than that, it makes people who want to help build large bases and contribute really difficult. If only players who started from the server's creation are considered "not new players" and "trustworthy" then that's fine, but I think that will turn quite a few new players (playing on server less than 9 years) away.

8. Alright alright alright. Must say, threw me for a real loop with the restrictions in place. But I've given this quite a bit of thought and I'd like to believe that I've thought of something which may help out with player numbers.

Votes are important for player numbers. I can't say I know just how important, but I get the general impression that it's very. As such, we need more votes, yes?

I propose an addition to the voting rewards. Firstly there's the Magic Meat and XP, and I say don't touch it. That in my opinion is more or less perfect the way it is, and any changes to that could just be a bit of extra work for no real reason.

However, there is a secondary reward currently in place. I believe after 30ish days of daily voting, you get a reward (I want to say an Elytra + something?). I'm much less focused on that prize, and significantly more interested in the infrastructure surrounding it. It tells me that there is already a system built into CraftMynes that can count how many days in a row you have voted, which is the crux of what I am going to propose next.

I would like to suggest a voter rank, and give it access to the third .sethome that VIPs and above get access to. I suggest that after 10, 15, 20, whatever days of daily voting, this rank is given to the player. HOWEVER, unlike VIP and all of the current ranks, as soon as the daily voting discontinues, the rank is removed and to regain access to the 3rd home the player has to once again vote daily until they reached the required vote streak to regain the rank.

This would do very little to interfere with the current playerbase, and it allows a path to get a third home for players who are not able/willing to put money into the server. It gives a much stronger reason for people to vote while offline, which, all in all should hopefully lead to a sharp increase in votes.

I did my best to work around

@CraftyMyner The systems behind the scenes are so complex that even when I the creator go to change one thing I break 5 others.

That funky little sentence, and this is my best shot to think of something which could be implemented without too many changes to the current system.

Thoughts?

Your beautiful bubbly bouncy baby boy <3

-BingusIncorperated

9. Edited 6 months ago by fishhead261

I like this idea, more votes seem to be the way forward.

I was lucky enough to get my VIP rank from the community piggy bank filling up, which is very rare. I once voted for long enough to get a vote crate and was a bit disappointed with the items I received. Remembering to vote 4 times every day for a month isn't the easiest thing to achieve and I would have hoped for a better reward. I pretty much stopped voting after this, I'm lazy.

@BingusInc
    I would like to suggest a voter rank, and give it access to the third .sethome that VIPs and above get access to. I suggest that after 10, 15, 20, whatever days of daily voting, this rank is given to the player. HOWEVER, unlike VIP and all of the current ranks, as soon as the daily voting discontinues, the rank is removed and to regain access to the 3rd home the player has to once again vote daily until they reached the required vote streak to regain the rank.

This voting rank would be perfect, especially for my alt account. The VIP .home perks would make me continue voting daily for that account. A 7-day streak seems about right to be given the voter rank. Missing a day means you lose the rank, so you have to get to the 7-day streak again to get the rank back.

If you already have the VIP rank, it just means you don't have to vote every single day to keep the perks. I think the voter rank would fit in nicely and wouldn't negatively affect the current rank system.

It may even be possible to include voting perks for the current ranks, maybe making everyone's final .home free if they keep the vote streak up?

Happy Birthday to the server!

-fish

10. I like the idea where staff doesn't interact with nether, end, or overworld spawn and there is no adventure mode in there and we are allowed to lava cast and do whatever we want in the world

11. @fishhead261 I like this idea, more votes seem to be the way forward.

I was lucky enough to get my VIP rank from the community piggy bank filling up, which is very rare. I once voted for long enough to get a vote crate and was a bit disappointed with the items I received. Remembering to vote 4 times every day for a month isn't the easiest thing to achieve and I would have hoped for a better reward. I pretty much stopped voting after this, I'm lazy.

This voting rank would be perfect, especially for my alt account. The VIP .home perks would make me continue voting daily for that account. A 7-day streak seems about right to be given the voter rank. Missing a day means you lose the rank, so you have to get to the 7-day streak again to get the rank back.

If you already have the VIP rank, it just means you don't have to vote every single day to keep the perks. I think the voter rank would fit in nicely and wouldn't negatively affect the current rank system.

It may even be possible to include voting perks for the current ranks, maybe making everyone's final .home free if they keep the vote streak up?

Happy Birthday to the server!

-fish

The vote streak is at least 1 vote, 25 days in a row. That way it a site is broken it won't ruin your streak. You can get an extra vote/credit for voting on all 4 sites.

I do like the idea of more tiers for vote streaks, I know that getting 25 in a row can be hard.

There will be a bit of complexity, the vote streak resets every 25 votes so it will need to be persisted. The homes is a completely different system so it will somehow need to talk with the votes system.

12. @ImKopi I think something that might help is figuring out how long it takes for someone to become not a "new player". Like I've been playing at least 7 years, truly think closer to 8-9, but somehow I'm still a new player. If it's longer than that, it makes people who want to help build large bases and contribute really difficult. If only players who started from the server's creation are considered "not new players" and "trustworthy" then that's fine, but I think that will turn quite a few new players (playing on server less than 9 years) away.

Agreed, I would still consider you a newer player, borderline unknown. You would have to of joined in 2015 or before to be considered a trustworthy player.

13. @iwarriiori Agreed, I would still consider you a newer player, borderline unknown. You would have to of joined in 2015 or before to be considered a trustworthy player.

Which is totally fine, but I think there should be some kind of disclaimer of "Due to the fact you joined after 2015, you will not be permitted to join any teams nor should expect any help from players". I think that's a fair warning for new players.

14. Edited 6 months ago by Schlocked

@ImKopi Which is totally fine, but I think there should be some kind of disclaimer of "Due to the fact you joined after 2015, you will not be permitted to join any teams nor should expect any help from players". I think that's a fair warning for new players.

wah wah wah whine whine whine
    -image-

15. Allow tnt duping.

16. I heard rumors about the forum being updated kinda curious

17. @Mymcy I heard rumors about the forum being updated kinda curious

It has been discussed but it is not our highest priority as some other things. There are a lot of modifications that would need to be made to the forums if we updated to a new software like discourse.

18. 5 months ago

Maybe don’t ban OG returning players

19. @King_Panda555 Maybe don’t ban OG returning players

That's so real King_Panda555, I can tell you keep it 100

20. @King_Panda555 Maybe don’t ban OG returning players

-image-

21. Edited 5 months ago by King_Panda555

@Lonely_Flame That's so real King_Panda555, I can tell you keep it 100

On king david.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!