1. 5 years ago
    Edited 5 years ago by FieryPhoenix64

On this server, theres a big thing of 'I cant trust you in my base' and stuff like that. I suggest a peaceful rank, which would show everyone that that they can be trusted, as they wouldnt be allowed to grief, raid or kill other players (exept in self-defense). To get a peaceful rank, players would have to apply in the forums, like how you would apply for staff, and then a mod or admin would judge if they are able to get the rank. If a player with a peaceful rank was caught griefing, raiding or killing , they would be de-promoted from [Peaceful] to a regular player.

This would be very useful for people who, for example, have a shop requiring them to go to the customer's base to build or whatever for them, or people who just want to check out other peoples bases without the other person being super suspicious.
    @CraftyMyner

2. That would be dead handy I would love one of those. How do you come up with such good ideas

3. That type of rank would defeat the purpose of a survival server imo, better to leave the judgement on the players to see who they can or cant trust through experience with said person overtime as it has been since the beginning.

4. ^ Also, there would be a collision with other ranks like VIP. We would be better off just having a list on the forums for friendly players. Quite hard to enforce no griefing rules and he like.

5. @CraftyMyner ^ Also, there would be a collision with other ranks like VIP. We would be better off just having a list on the forums for friendly players. Quite hard to enforce no griefing rules and he like.

Why would it clash with other ranks?

6. @FieryPhoenix64 Why would it clash with other ranks?

The rank system is based on numbers, the higher the rank, the more things you can do. To get peaceful rank, you would have to lose all the benifits of VIP/MVP as your rank would be lower.

So, regulars could have a peaceful rank but VIP/MVP players would have to choose wether they want VIP or peaceful.

7. Edited 5 years ago by FieryPhoenix64

@CraftyMyner The rank system is based on numbers, the higher the rank, the more things you can do. To get peaceful rank, you would have to lose all the benifits of VIP/MVP as your rank would be lower.

So, regulars could have a peaceful rank but VIP/MVP players would have to choose wether they want VIP or peaceful.

Oh right. Couldnt you have 2 separate things, with rank as a float/int/whatever and peacefulness as a boolean? Then if a player had vip and peaceful, then it would show up as something like [VIP][Peaceful]<Playername>

8. @FieryPhoenix64 Oh right. Couldnt you have 2 separate things, with rank as a float/int/whatever and peacefulness as a boolean? Then if a player had vip and peaceful, then it would show up as something like [VIP][Peaceful]<Playername>

i dont think it is possible cause of how minecraft teams feature works

9. Also, on the philosophical side, who defines who is and isn't peaceful? One player might think you're peaceful, and another might hate you. Someone being peaceful is too subjective to be a solid title. Say if person 1 who has never raided before gets raided by person 2, and then somehow raids person 2 back?
    What if person 1 was a huge antagonistic jerk everyone hated? Which one is peaceful? It's going to differ from person to person. We would get way too many complaints about people who have "peaceful rank" which the complainer thinks is unjust. It just wouldn't be a very practical or solid system.

10. meh Id rather get to know people and form my own personal opinions about their motives and trustworthiness. Having a peace loving community would be bad for a vanilla survival server, most of the people here strive for pvp and raiding, and a select few like to would nearly sell off their mother for a good raid :P. Having a rank such as that would make newer and gullible people more at risk of ... trusting people, which is the #1 cause of raided hidden bases imo. Personally I'd stake my account on the fact that I would never scam/betray someones trust, but I like to build that trust with someone first, thats half the fun for me. Now someones' base that I don't know or dislike.. free loot heh

11. @FieryPhoenix64 Oh right. Couldnt you have 2 separate things, with rank as a float/int/whatever and peacefulness as a boolean? Then if a player had vip and peaceful, then it would show up as something like [VIP][Peaceful]<Playername>

While technically possible, I would need to add a team for each variant, ex. vip,vip_peaceful,vip+,vip+_peaceful,mvp...

As players said though, it would appear that most people would rather make friends and watch people to gauge their own idea of who is peaceful.

12. I like the idea of a player directory of sorts, a list on the Forums of players, what faction they are on, general play style, and maybe how long they have been with CM. Maybe a spreedsheet type of thing where its short, sweet and to the point.

13. @FieryPhoenix64 To get a peaceful rank, players would have to apply in the forums, like how you would apply for staff, and then a mod or admin would judge if they are able to get the rank. If a player with a peaceful rank was caught griefing, raiding or killing , they would be de-promoted from [Peaceful] to a regular player.

I see a huge issue with this. It could be abused for the sake of getting to a player's base just to raid. Someone could hold up a good reputation, or an alt with a good reputation, get the peaceful rank, get access to a base, and destroy it. Their only penalty would be losing their peaceful rank for that specific account. And then who is to blame? The raider didn't break any rules according to this. The player who got raided was under the belief this person was safe, under the belief that staff vouched for this raider being peaceful. That player would be out their entire base when they were assured by staff that wouldn't happen. The only winner here is the person who abused the system.

For something like this to work, there'd have to be a lot of restrictions and regulations to prevent abuse of the system. All in all, a lot more work for not a lot in return. There might be a small handful of people that could ever even qualify for peaceful, out of everyone who plays here. And it wouldn't be able to judge if a player is actually a reliably, trustworthy person or not. I think it would alienate a lot of good players who didn't have the rank. Of all my basemates, past and current, I could trust every last one with my life, but most of them would not qualify for peaceful rank. The point is, this system wouldn't be that great a judge of character compared to simply getting to know somebody.

14. Ok, thanks for your thoughts. Its pretty obvious that this is not going to happen, as practicly everyone would much rather have it built on trust. I guess Id better start gaining peoples trust then :P

15. its not that we would rather have it built on trust, its more that theres no way to prove one person as friendly over another. there are just too many variables in the human persona to make it happen.

16. @BaronBattleBread its not that we would rather have it built on trust, its more that theres no way to prove one person as friendly over another. there are just too many variables in the human persona to make it happen.

I was thinking of 'peaceful' as a person that doesn't raid, grief or kill other players. Anything apart from that doesnt matter.

17. Edited 5 years ago by Zaper8

The Peaceful rank could be on an automated timer that resets if said player kills another. Like, if Player 1 doesn't kill anyone for (x) ticks then they get the Peaceful rank, but if Player 1 kills someone the rank gets removed and the timer resets.

The staff wouldn't even have to play a role in this, it simply means that a player with the Peaceful rank isn't running around trying to kill players.

18. @Zaper8 The Peaceful rank could be on an automated timer that resets if said player kills another. Like, if Player 1 doesn't kill anyone for (x) ticks then they get the Peaceful rank, but if Player 1 kills someone the rank gets removed and the timer resets.

The staff wouldn't even have to play a role in this, it simply means that a player with the Peaceful rank isn't running around trying to kill players.

The peaceful rank would only be for players who dont kill, raid or grief, so how would you automate no raiding or griefing?

19. I think what would be a good solution to this is if anyone were to kill, raid or grief they get perma banned on that account, and if they do it again they get ip banned. This would protect others from that player. Eventually the server would run out of players who wish to kill, raid and grief others and it would be peaceful.

20. @iwarriiori I think what would be a good solution to this is if anyone were to kill, raid or grief they get perma banned on that account, and if they do it again they get ip banned. This would protect others from that player. Eventually the server would run out of players who wish to kill, raid and grief others and it would be peaceful.

At that point just find a safe survival server lol

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!