Worldborder size doubled

1. 7 months ago

It no secret that there have been many bases griefed lately. While we are a griefing and raiding server, our priority is our player base and community. If too many players are unhappy with getting raided so easily there will be no player base left for the griefers to hit. It's known that some of these griefers were using exploits to find bases and we want to do something about it.

We have doubled the size of the map which actually adds 400% more area for players to build. We also had added some more protections to help track down players who are not playing fair. One of which is deleting chunks older than 6 months, if you wish to keep older chunks, please visit them at least once every 6 months.

We suggest that players look at previous time lapses like this one:

Notice how many players make straight lines out to where they end up building, these have been known ways for players to follow loaded chunks to players bases.

2. Thank you Crafty!

3. Awesome! Thanks Crafty! I think all users are going to enjoy this map size soooo much more! :D

4. Now how about adding some safe zones or grief protection?
    Seems like you know there was some cheating going on. now do something more about it.
    Make a safe zone so even if they were cheating we can have them banned for griefing in those specific areas. Also do the insurance thing, where if griefed in those areas you can reset the are back to what it was.

5. Edited 7 months ago by Blackened_Dawn
    1. our priority is our player base and community.(Period)
    2. too many players are unhappy with getting raided so easily.(most likely from cheating).
    3. there will be no player base left for the griefers to hit(because people are leaving)

4) It's known that some of these griefers were using exploits to find bases(Duh, we've known this for a while)
    5) griefers were using exploits to find bases and we want to do something about it.(Actions speak louder than words)

6) added some more protections to help track down players who are not playing fair. One of which is deleting chunks older than 6 months( You need to do more than this, 6 months is still too long. )

[Redacted] where I'm at now, also has an area called the market place. Where people like me who do a lot of trading and building can set up store for people to buy and sell. If people steal and are caught they are banned. A great community on [Redacted], I'd love to see it happen here. Griefing is fine in certain areas.

6. Edited 7 months ago by birdfrock

Making the map bigger isn't going to help unless you REALLY TAKE ACTION and help those of us who want to be here to build.
    It might help for a minute but those griefers using hacks/cheats whatever will still find us. And easily still at that.
    Also take a look at the times griefing happens, usually when no mods/admins are online.

So I know that when cheats and hacks can happen.

7. We don't want cheaters to find us either so I appreciate the bigger map! Now if I take all the proper precautions my base won't be painfully easy to find by experienced greifers or even the hackers! Sweeeeet

8. Edited 7 months ago by Blackened_Dawn

@birdfrock 1) our priority is our player base and community.(Period)

1. too many players are unhappy with getting raided so easily.(most likely from cheating).
    2. there will be no player base left for the griefers to hit(because people are leaving)

4) It's known that some of these griefers were using exploits to find bases(Duh, we've known this for a while)
    5) griefers were using exploits to find bases and we want to do something about it.(Actions speak louder than words)

6) added some more protections to help track down players who are not playing fair. One of which is deleting chunks older than 6 months( You need to do more than this, 6 months is still too long. )

[Redacted] where I'm at now, also has an area called the market place. Where people like me who do a lot of trading and building can set up store for people to buy and sell. If people steal and are caught they are banned. A great community on [Redacted], I'd love to see it happen here. Griefing is fine in certain areas.

"I found a great server and instead of enjoying that community im gonna try and strong arm my wants into a server I clearly have no further interest in because i think my play style is the only one that matters"

9. Deleted 7 months ago by birdfrock
  10. @birdfrock Now how about adding some safe zones or grief protection?
    Seems like you know there was some cheating going on. now do something more about it.
    Make a safe zone so even if they were cheating we can have them banned for griefing in those specific areas. Also do the insurance thing, where if griefed in those areas you can reset the are back to what it was.

wdym there is safe zones, dont play here if you dont want to be griefed

11. yep

12. It has only been around 3 months since the new map was made and there is an expansion doubling it??? The player count averages at like 3-4 people, there isn't a huge amount of griefing happening and it's definitely not more than normal for a CM map. There is no point to expand the map if there is exploits going on, 90% of griefs happen by insiding, leaks, or people fucking up tp requests. I only see birdfrock and new players complaining about griefing which I'm sure wasn't due to exploits. If you want to keep a playerbase advertise or maybe switch to semi vanilla

13. Let me make it quite clear - we have no evidence that anyone is cheating to find bases. So many bases have been griefed in such a short time, that it is no surprise that cheating is suggested.

The general feeling having investigated this is that most bases are found by flying the roof for portals and other signs of activity and then checking out the local overworld area. None the less we will remain vigilant in searching out any use of unfair methods.

For those of you new to building on raid grief server, here are some tips.

Other methods of legitimately finding bases, include infiltration of groups, by befriending or buying coords. Not everyone plays nice, I'm afraid. Make sure the person you invite to your base is really who they say they are.

Higher entity numbers, fully grown kelp in oceans, and any other signs of player activity are all clues a base may be nearby.

Build far out and avoid basing on diagonals and NSWE axis as players follow these. Also keep away from the border. Its a place to visit. Build far out in the nether ( beyond 25k ) or base far out in the end. These are much safer. I have seen some fantastic bases far out in the end, and yes it is possible to get villagers there.

As someone who has lost bases in the past, I fully sympathize with those who have been griefed, but this is something I've thought about and it simply wont work to have safe areas for builders. Some exceptional bases have been protected in the past but it only causes jealousy and resentment amongst other players.

As there is no evidence that anyone has been cheating other than the number of bases affected, it is not acceptable to make baseless accusations in chat or in this forum.

Crafty has kindly extended the world border and this should make it possible to build reasonably safely, if you take careful precautions.

Enjoy the server and the extra room for exploration, have fun and I'll see you on there.

Have fun

Tez

14. Wouldn’t have these problems if the server was semi vanilla already. Shudda switched years ago when you guys said you would.

Better running server, players knowing their shit won’t get leaked due to shit hacks which are way too common on non plug in servers by the way, wouldn’t have to make compromises like deleting old chunks which I don’t agree with(but hey that’s just me, everyone’s entitled to an opinion, deleting chunks actually has a few upsides).

Only thing I can think of that the server would lose from going semi vanilla is “reputation” and some may believe parts of the community. But seeing how attached this community is despite the server having low player counts I personally think no matter what you change (as long as the changes are relatively small and still keep the same server feel) everyone will still stick around.

Plugins doesn’t necessarily mean TP, Homes etc. You could keep all the systems that are in place if it would be easier. Just afew optimisation plugins and anti cheat I feel would go a LONG WAY for the server. Personally speaking I’ve seen infinitely more hackers on CM than any other server I’ve ever played and I’m summing it up to the server simply not having the same ability to boot the fuckers out or the server.

Semi vanilla pls :>

15. Edited 7 months ago by Schlocked

now if you don't login for 6 months your base is deleted. sick! awesome addition

16. @Schlocked now if you don't login for 6 months your base is deleted. sick! awesome addition

.homes will not be reset.

17. @Schlocked now if you don't login for 6 months your base is deleted. sick! awesome addition

I understand where you're coming from, but it isn't the biggest ask for someone to log in twice a year.

18. @Tez1010 Let me make it quite clear - we have no evidence that anyone is cheating to find bases. So many bases have been griefed in such a short time, that it is no surprise that cheating is suggested.

Why would Crafty say it is known if there's no evidence?

19. splitting hairs. Man still angry about his Lego game house going boom boom so he’s being difficult! Sad!

20. @CraftyMyner .homes will not be reset.

128 in each direction hopefully. To preserve all the mob proofing.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!